Sound Bar Problem
We have a Vizio VSB200 bar and connecting it to a Sanyo model FW55D25F with no sound. I've followed the instructions on the sound bar and TV but can't figure it out. Any help?
Check the cords -- are they good? Are they connected correctly? (simple, I know, but I've learned to double check. . . )

Check the TV menus -- could the TV be muted? Does plugging the cords in mute the internal speaker?

Do you have a different source to test with?

Look for a TV/audio forum? Does the manufacture have a assistance number?

They've gone and made something simple complicated these days
Wink
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
TOSLINK optical connection, or something electrical?  Have you checked the set-up menus for external audio options?
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(01-21-2020, 06:30 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: We have a Vizio VSB200 bar and connecting it to a Sanyo model FW55D25F with no sound. I've followed the instructions on the sound bar and TV but can't figure it out. Any help?

Often when connecting a sound bar, you have to go into the TV menu, >>> Audio, and select the audio to external speaker.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Someone just asked a similar question on an RV forum regarding a Jensen TV.  Those units have to have the integral sound turned off in the setup menu for the audio out function to start functioning.  Yours may be similar.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"