Random Tip #2 - Mag-Blocks Cure Clamping Ills
I have often run into a time when I want to clamp to a surface that is not well designed for it.   I have some stamped saw horses I use that use a "U" channel for the horizontal beam.  This makes clamping a pain.  I used some rare earth magnets that I picked up on the cheap at Harbor Freight.  You can use whatever you may have; damaged magnets, scratched magnets, magnets scrounged out of hard drives; whatever.

You can see the upside down "U" channel here: 

I recess the magnets so they are just a hair below the surface. Since I will be clamping on the block I don't want to crush the magnets DAMHIKT (sorry for the poor pic):

The laminated block of ply was a larger blank.  I drum-sanded it to the right thickness and then sliced it into four blocks.  It fits the saw horses just right:

Now you can clamp away.  Of course everything in your shop will be a different depth of cavity but, the blocks do not have to fit perfect, they just have to be thicker than the cavity is deep.  I use them several places:

When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Good idea. Better than using hot glue or DS taped.
>
Worse than ignorance is the illusion of knowledge.
>
The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. - Gustave Le Bon