Random Tip #3 - The Vari-o-Dog
As a disclaimer, Woodsmith bought this one so you may see it in their tips sections or videos. . .

A 5-3/4" square with a 3/4" hole drilled through; 1-3/8" from one edge and 2-3/8" from a perpendicular edge (or suit yourself).  Glue in a 3/4" dowel of a length that suits your use.

Now you have a dog that can be 1", 2", 3" or 4" away from the dog hole or vise chop:

When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Brilliant idea! Now I just need to build a workbench with dog holes.
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
Unrelated question - What material did you use for the top of your workbench?
"The best marriage advice I ever received was: 'You can live with ugly, but bad cooking can kill you.'" Uncle Albert Styndl
(01-23-2020, 02:59 PM)Chuckhead Wrote: Unrelated question - What material did you use for the top of your workbench?

Those pics are taken on top of my outfeed/assembly table . . . maybe I should do a thread on that . . .  It is two pieces of 3/4" BB ply with 1/8" tempered hardboard laminated to the top with contact cement.  I have made work surfaces in the past with replaceable hardboard tops.  Fourteen years of use and never a replacement so I just glued this one on.  Besides, it had dog holes and had to take lateral pressure.

My bench is two sheets of 3/4" MDF on top of 2 sheets of 3/4" BB ply wrapped in a hard maple.

When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

I like this one, thanks!  Keep them coming.
(01-23-2020, 03:48 PM)GeeDub Wrote: Those pics are taken on top of my outfeed/assembly table . . . maybe I should do a thread on that . . .  It is two pieces of 3/4" BB ply with 1/8" tempered hardboard laminated to the top with contact cement.  I have made work surfaces in the past with replaceable hardboard tops.  Fourteen years of use and never a replacement so I just glued this one on.  Besides, it had dog holes and had to take lateral pressure.

My bench is two sheets of 3/4" MDF on top of 2 sheets of 3/4" BB ply wrapped in a hard maple.

I've always used hardboard on my benchtop too.  But since I probably do less straight woodworking than I do general home/toy/small appliance/honey-can-you-fix-this repair work that involves paint, oil, grease, soldering flux, epoxy, etc., I'm currently on my third replacement top.  I dream of having a shop big enough for a general purpose workbench and one dedicated to woodworking.  Someday . . . . 
Smirk
"The best marriage advice I ever received was: 'You can live with ugly, but bad cooking can kill you.'" Uncle Albert Styndl