How do you sharpen a 1/8 or 3/16 bandsaw blade?
Ah to be a little more flexible again . . . the wear and tear on my neck and shoulders to sharpen every tooth on a steel bandsaw blade would outweigh the $20 or $30 for it. We're talking about 800 to 1800 teeth here. When did I get old!?! This wouldn't have phased me a decade ago.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

(01-30-2020, 03:28 PM)GeeDub Wrote: Ah to be a little more flexible again . . . the wear and tear on my neck and shoulders to sharpen every tooth on a steel bandsaw blade would outweigh the $20 or $30 for it.  We're talking about 800 to 1800 teeth here.  When did I get old!?!  This wouldn't have phased me a decade ago.

That's why I toss blades with more than 3TPI, I sharpen about 1000/1100 on my 16" saw grinding 3TPI . Maybe half that when sharpening  
1-1/2 TPI blades. Even when I was a young man I did not bother to sharpen blades with lots of TPI. Not worth the effort to me.
Only one time I tried grinding a multi- tooth blade , I needed it and it was New Years day. Hardware store and a lumber yard were closed.
I got it sharp, only took 1-1/2 hours to do this with a needle file. After many swear words and bored to death I finally got the blade done.
Ordered coil stock next day. 
My sister-in-law took my used blades, she made fish scalers from the blades. She sold them for $2.75 , almost all profit she said. 
She made a wooden paddle type holder and bored saw teeth into the paddle 1/8" deep with various size hole saws. The blade were held in the grooves with hot melt glue. She gave me a couple about 20 years ago. The spare has not been used as the original holds up fine.

mike