Spline or Miter Key Jig
This came up in a conversation elsewhere so I thought I would share.  Any simple rig will get you through a box or two or three.

I got talked into a box-swap a while back and had to make a batch.  I took a break and made a jig that was a little more versatile, quick to use and included a replaceable insert for a ZCI effect on the exit side. I wanted an adjustable stop.

Rabbet for the ZCI insert.

I used a spline to join the beds so I wouldn't have to dodge any metal fasteners.

The spline runs the length of the joint.

The inserts are held with 2 screws.  I put them high enough to stay out of the way.  This dictated the inserts size to some extent.  Whenever I make ZCI's, inserts and other disposable things, I make a bunch even if I am not sure I will need them right away.  The setup for things like this is 90% of the effort so just make a batch while you're setup; you'll be much more inclined to use them.

The clamp block is keyed to the slot and uses a cheap Harbor Freight version of a Destaco toggle/push clamp.  This lets me un-clamp the box to flip to the next side and re-clamp with a flip of the lever.

And that's about it.

I sized mine based on the boxes I usually make. Include room for the clamp block in your design. I added about 4" to the width of the jig to accommodate the tallest box I thought I might make. Works great for picture frames too.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

I like it!

I built this one last year and find it really easy to use for DT splines on my router table.

https://youtu.be/FRemSi82cWs
Semper fi,
Brad

Man I love those replaceable ZCIs. I've seen a lot of spline jigs, but that's neat. I think that's something I'll incorporate in my next spline jig.
Thanks guys. Looking good Brad. Glad it gave you an idea Robin. I pick up so much stuff on the forums it is nice to be able to give back a little.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

RE: Zero Clearance Inserts. I learned the hard way about them. 

First jig I fabricated did not have them. Jig  worked well until I started to make the last cuts for the dovetail keys. Then Mr. Murphy struck, two of the dovetail slots splintered/chipped out....