electric garage door opener
(02-15-2020, 08:46 PM)TDKPE Wrote: What barn said, but if you do it yourself, inspect the cables, and if the springs don’t have safety cables, add them.  A spring that breaks can do some real damage if not contained.

Yes and a change of underwear if you are in the garage when it happens... BTDT and even with cables it scares the crap out of you especially when it's a heavy all wood 16' door... My shop has extension cables on the 8x7 doors and if we were staying I would convert to torsion. Or get rid of one and make a hangar door for the other.
(02-15-2020, 09:07 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: Yes and a change of underwear if you are in the garage when it happens...

Since I keep my underwear until it turns to dust, I’d call that real damage, too.  
Laugh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(02-15-2020, 09:14 PM)TDKPE Wrote: Since I keep my underwear until it turns to dust, I’d call that real damage, too.  
Laugh

TMI

Slap
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]