I Hate Painting - 2. Need sprayer advice.
(02-06-2020, 10:06 AM)woodmats Wrote: Thanks John, I have a friend that have one of those Wagner sprayers and he agrees with you. Basically, similar drawbacks s my HF airless gun and I was looking more for something to paint smaller pieces and cabinets like you recommended above. Do the Accuspray and Qualspray handle latex?

Mats

Yes, they both spray latex because they use a pressurized spray cup.  That allows the guns to spray higher viscosity finishes than would be possible with a suction or gravity feed gun with the same size needle/nozzle.  Both guns also can use different size nozzles which gives an even greater range to the viscosities than can spray well.  

SW ProClassic and BM Advance waterborne (latex) paints have a viscosity of around 500 seconds through a #4 Ford cup, which you should buy ($6 for a plastic one) and use.  Both of those guns will spray either w/o thinning with a 1.5 or larger N/N set.  However, I add about 3% water and 3% BM's Extender to them which brings the viscosity down to around 250 seconds IIRC.  I find it's much easier to get a smoother finish when I do that.  

At the other end of the viscosity scale, waterbased dyes have a viscosity of less than 20 seconds, and Sealcoat shellac is around 25 seconds.   Both guns will spray them beautifully by changing to a 1.0 or smaller N/N set and lowering the pressure to the cup and the atomization pressure.  

One gun that does it all for spraying cabinets and furniture.  And a very useful feature of these guns is they will spray w/o issue at any angle, including upside down, because the cup is pressurized.  This a very handy feature in many situations, like spraying the inside of a cabinet.  

John
(02-06-2020, 03:49 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Yes, they both spray latex because they use a pressurized spray cup.  That allows the guns to spray higher viscosity finishes than would be possible with a suction or gravity feed gun with the same size needle/nozzle.  Both guns also can use different size nozzles which gives an even greater range to the viscosities than can spray well.  

SW ProClassic and BM Advance waterborne (latex) paints have a viscosity of around 500 seconds through a #4 Ford cup, which you should buy ($6 for a plastic one) and use.  Both of those guns will spray either w/o thinning with a 1.5 or larger N/N set.  However, I add about 3% water and 3% BM's Extender to them which brings the viscosity down to around 250 seconds IIRC.  I find it's much easier to get a smoother finish when I do that.  

At the other end of the viscosity scale, waterbased dyes have a viscosity of less than 20 seconds, and Sealcoat shellac is around 25 seconds.   Both guns will spray them beautifully by changing to a 1.0 or smaller N/N set and lowering the pressure to the cup and the atomization pressure.  

One gun that does it all for spraying cabinets and furniture.  And a very useful feature of these guns is they will spray w/o issue at any angle, including upside down, because the cup is pressurized.  This a very handy feature in many situations, like spraying the inside of a cabinet.  

John

Thanks John, this seems to be the best way to go. I will definitely get one of them. 

Mats
Mats