Water Softner Help
I replaced the control panel and position switch. Also cleaned nozzle & venturi. Still getting error code 3. Kenmore 625.385200
Upset Also water level higher than normal.
Okay. I've ordered a new motor ($20 Less on Amazon), should be here tomorrow.
new motor, same error #3 message. Any help out there?
(02-16-2020, 11:14 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: new motor, same error #3 message. Any help out there?

Water level higher than normal and you know the venturi is clean. Is there a screen behind it, they clog. If it isn't that stuff, it's probably a stuck ball valve in the pick-up tube in the salt tank. I haven't had luck fixing them once stuck. I can get them loose but they get stuck again. It was cheaper to buy the whole tank and pick-up tube than just the pick up tube.

Any idea who makes the unit? It could also be a bad control valve, they don't last forever. Most mfg's recommend replace the control valve(s) every 3 to 5 years. Does the valve open and close with a pin on a wheel connected to the motor or does it have multiple valves running off a cam?

Or are they electric solenoid valves like in a dishwasher? They have screens in them too and clog, the screens don't come out and aren't aren't meant to be cleaned. They can be checked with an ohm meter and you can power them individually to see if the solenoid is working and opening and closing.

This is why I like Fleck machines. One valve, no cams, no solenoids, easy to troubleshoot and fix. You pay a little more but there's nothing chincy about them.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Fleck Mechanical timer

Fleck electronic timer

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(02-16-2020, 07:51 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Fleck Mechanical timer

Fleck electronic timer

What are you saying. These parts I doubt are compatible with my Kenmore model.
(02-17-2020, 05:16 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: What are you saying. These parts I doubt are compatible with my Kenmore model.

These aren't parts, they're complete systems. Just much more durable than the Kenmore and aren't really a whole lot more expensive. If it doesn't work, it's the float valve, the screen filter or the venturi jet is clogged. It isn't the control valve because we change them every 3 to 4 years as standard maintenance.

... Kizar Sosay

(02-14-2020, 10:48 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: I replaced the control panel and position switch. Also cleaned nozzle & venturi. Still getting error code 3. Kenmore 625.385200
Upset Also water level higher than normal.

Update: I've now replaced: the motor, control board, position switch & wire harness and still get "error #3" after plugging it in after about 6 minutes. I tried cleaning the screen, etc and I think I got it all. Also, now I don't get any water in the tank when trying to restart after putting on the new wire harness.