Drawer Organizers
Hey Kids,
Anyone have a system for making drawer organizers? Need some for flatware, cooking utensils and junk drawers. Kitchen stuff. Hate to buy something when I can waste vast amounts of time in the shop.
Smile
Saratoga, NY
I used half height slots (not sure what to call that!) to make a grid out of 1/4" MDF for a silverware drawer.  There's enough 'flex' in the MDF that you can cut the pieces to width for a very tight fit against the drawer sides so it stays put.
I used 1/4 inch maple with the top rounded with a router.  I then placed a 1/4 dado blade in the saw and took the drawer with the utensils to my shop and cut the maple to length, then made half lap joints based on the size of the utensils.
I began an often-promised but long procrastinated shop reorg project a couple weeks ago.  As part of that effort, I'm putting dividers in drawers.

Like the others, I made them by using half-height slots.  I'm using up scraps of 1/4" ply of any quality.  Drawers in the shop are of only a few sizes, but they all have the same width and depth, so gang-cutting the dividers is easy.

My first drawer dividers took 15 minutes to make.  It's not "pretty", but it is functional, and this is shop furniture we're talking about.  You can spend however much time you desire making the joints tight.  Pic:

That looks just right.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I had a bunch of reclaimed (auction off-lot) 3/8" plywood that I made some chisel drawers for.   Simple, functional joinery -- just glued and clamped various pieces together. (two up on the ends and sides to form faux "dado" or "rabbet" joints)