M-WTCA at McCormick's Creek State Park Indiana
(03-10-2020, 02:58 PM)Slav Jelesijevich Wrote: Talked to Matt a week ago and we will have a good turn out, my guess is around 150 guest including walk ins.  There will be upstairs tool room with around 40 tables and a little less in the basement room.   I'll be set up downstairs and that is where the troublemakers are.   I'll be running the auction on Sunday morning and there are some good deals and some cool stuff to be auctioned off.  Been going there the last 15 years, my favorite show.

Slav

Leaving the house right now for it, have no idea where my table is but I will be sure and seek ya out.

M
 “Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.”
Sir Winston Churchill
Well it was a great time and lots of tools were sold....had a great speaker also.
There was some cancelations but it could have been worse.
Slav is trying to get a tailgate going for the Indianapolis area in the near future...he would love to see a lot of participation and said there is going to be plenty of room for people to set up even the biggest of items.
It was great time, and I met a lot of wonderful people...really nice folks.
Special thanks to Matt who worked his butt off to get this all organized, and dealing with all these unforeseen events that threatened to derail the whole gig.
Through it all he was as calm and genial as could be.
If you have never met Matt you're missing out on knowing one hard working, knowledgable generous man.
If you've never met Slav, well your just missing out on one helluva nice guy, funny, energetic and always a smile.
I learned more about files in the few moments I had time to be down where his table was than I have in all my years till then.
He did great at the Sunday auction and lots of laughs and bargains were had.
He also brought a fine young gentleman (his son) who was a pleasure to be around, a chip off the ol' block.

Well, thats the update..I would upload pictures but I cannot seem to get them from my iMac to here...so use your imagination!

Oh yeah, one last kudos to the Inn and the staff who went out of there way to accommodate any and every request....if you ever get a chance to stay at McCormicks Creek Lodge do so, it is a wonderful place.

Thanks to all I met, it was a privilege and honor.

Its seems hand tool collectors also seems to accumulate the best of human beings, always willing to help, teach and offer a hand.

Cheers,

M
Sir Winston Churchill
Meeting over in Piqua, OH near the end of April....has been canceled....
No
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(03-17-2020, 08:29 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Meeting over in Piqua, OH near the end of April....has been canceled....
No

That is too bad....

Seems like the whole world has been put on pause.
Sir Winston Churchill