Entry hall table for a niece: Part 9
The legs are on. I must admit to mixed feelings at this stage. This is not my style of leg, but it is what my niece wants. Perhaps I will feel differently with a finish on the wood.

[Image: 10a.jpg]

[Image: 2a.jpg]

The tenons were kerfed for a wedge ...

[Image: 3a.jpg]

Installed in the bases ...

[Image: 4a.jpg]

[Image: 5a.jpg]

And glued into the socket. Note that only the first third is glued. The rear is free to move ...

[Image: 6a.jpg]

The bases have been shaped to reduce their impact ...

[Image: 7a.jpg]

[Image: 11a.jpg]

The legs were evened up ..

[Image: 8a.jpg]

Side view from underneath (one does not see the base otherwise) ...

[Image: 9a.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Looking good, Derek!

Don't worry about those legs.  Your niece will know how to play the piece to its best.  I built a tall-legged wine-cabinet last summer; I was in despair how it looked once I brought it up from the basement.  My wife then sent it to a perfect room corner where everything just 'clicked' visually.
Chris
Thanks Chris. I have built several Mid Century pieces to date. I like the simple, clean lines. Similarly, Shaker and Japanese designs. The long legs here take some getting used to. Others who have seen this piece gush over it. I will be patient.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com