Please identify tool?
I found this in a drawer in my shop.  I have no idea what it is.  It tapers from about 1/8" thick on the back edge to nothing.  It isn't sharp right now but that doesn't mean much.  If it ever was sharp, it's never had the edge resharpened.  Can't tell it the end is intentionally blunt, or it's been broken/and or worn.  If it was flexible, I would say it was for spreading frosting.  I think the round handle rules it out of being a knife?

I appreciate all answers.
Thanks

Almost looks like it is made from a file.
(02-22-2020, 08:28 PM)toolmiser Wrote: I found this in a drawer in my shop.  I have no idea what it is.  It tapers from about 1/8" thick on the back edge to nothing.  It isn't sharp right now but that doesn't mean much.  If it ever was sharp, it's never had the edge resharpened.  Can't tell it the end is intentionally blunt, or it's been broken/and or worn.  If it was flexible, I would say it was for spreading frosting.  I think the round handle rules it out of being a knife?

I appreciate all answers.
Thanks

Not a very good picture but from what I can tell, it's a bearing scraper....In the olden days bearings in engines and other types of machinery were made from a soft metal called Babbit, a lead/tin alloy..They had to be scraped to correctly fit the shaft...Prussian blue would be wiped on the bearing journal, fitted to the shaft the bearing cap removed and the traces of prussian blue had to be scraped away until the traces of "blue" was evenly distributed...It's a little more complicated than that but that's about the gist of it...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset