2 drawer chest
Time for the next Build-along?  All that resaw work, to get a few usable pieces....set out the main sections...
Winkgrin

Most of them, anyway.  Couple of parts to made a lid, another to make the back, and 2 to make the ends with...

Need to joint a few edges.  Some to make a better glue joint.   Others so two pieces will be the same width..

Like the two for the ends.  Had a problem with these two...
Rolleyes  

One was longer than the other...the shorter on was square on either end....shooting board?   Nah, we have ways..
Winkgrin  

You wouldn't think it would take that long, to saw through 5/16" thick Ash....back of the case, was trimmed a bit as well..lots of sawdust 

That narrow piece out front, is what the back was trimmed to match for length.   Also had to joint the short one to get a straight edge...Back piece was too wide, needed ripped down to match the ends....I also saved the cut off...have a plan for it..

Tricky part will be having it fit in the Box/Finger Joints in the case's corners.  There will be a 1/4" plywood floor for the drawer to slide on...this strip will hide the plywood edge.  Lid was jointed until they matched without any gaps..
Cool

Then the glue, clamps and cauls...

Had to use the vise as a third hand, and keep things flat.   Will let this sit a day or so....

Next episode?    Box/Finger Joints.   And hiding a couple grooves...

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
May do a bit of layout work..after Supper?    Have to get the finger spacings just right....have a couple grooves to hide. 

Bottom of the case will be a 1/2" thick plywood slab...cut to match the bottom of the case..exactly...then an Ash "skirt" to wrap around the plywood edges, and be cut to form feet...Will see how it turns out, and then decide on any moldings...

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
After clearing out the tool well, and the top of the bench..
Rolleyes

And placing just the tools I'll need back in the tool well...
Rolleyes 

Laid out a few candidates for the fronts of the drawers..
Confused

More of a Rogue's Gallery?
Winkgrin   2 will need to fill in the spaces for the drawers..

Might change out that top piece, too...used the No. 3 Jointer, to joint a few edges...

Stanley 358 Mitre saw was used to square a few ends, too...most of the boards were tapered...finally got things arranged..( or is it arraigned?)

Yep, changed the top piece...drawer fronts need to be a hair shorter, to fit INTO the case.  Laid out a spacer..

Make a plywood chopping block..
Winkgrin

Laid out, and made a bunch of saw cuts..
Rolleyes

And chopped for a bit...goal was to get about half way through...

I did have to stop here, and sharpen that chisel....returned it to a single 25 degree bevel....got rid of the other 2 bevels on it....
Stay tuned...might even have a treasure hunt going on..
Cool
Ok, back from sharpening..took about 5 minutes....flipped the board over, and chopped some more...

Then transfer all them marks to the end piece...now that this end of the back is done...then repeat as before...saw, chop, flip, chop...til a dry fit could be done...
Winkgrin

Will do, for now.   next shop session, I'll do the other end to match this end.....couple of spots need to match up perfectly...maybe after that, I can do the front ones?

Ok, a Treasure Hunt was done...cleaned out the tool well...amazing what can hide down in there...
Working from one end of the bench, to the other...
Rolleyes

Then...

And, still more..stuff..

North Bros. No. 130 has an APEX tip holder, with a magnet inside....almost done..

Someone asked for a Super Sized Lineman's Pliers..?

So.. tool well is cleaned out..
Cool

See anything you know?
Confused   

Welcome to the Dungeon.  
Cool  
Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Today being a Monday...
No  Shop was closed for the day..
Rolleyes  Try again on Tuesday?   Less mistakes, when I am not all tired out...
Tuesday is here...finally got about 2 hours in the shop...second back corner is done..
Winkgrin 

Used this to locate where a few grooves and a rebate were needed to be..
Winkgrin

One groove across the back to house the floor of the compartment.   A groove on the ends, for a plywood panel to make a divider between the drawers.   And, a rebate across the front, for that floor board to sit in...then set up the Stanley 45..
Cool

Had to reset the fence a couple times...groove in the back is different the the end grooves...
Rolleyes

And the rebate was a little different to set up..
Winkgrin   

Once these were done, but to chopping fingers...except these were a little different than the back corners were..
Confused

Single notch for the drawer divider....others for the top piece...

One end done, then the other end the same way...You can see some of the grooves...

Needed a full dry fit, so I can size the 2 plywood panels...

And dig up a few more clamps, too before gluing this mess together...should be a lot of cussing going on, then.

Stay tuned.
Winkgrin
Too early in the morning..
No ..might wait until after lunch, today..
Confused .and get the plywood panels cut to size.....then..MAYBE..spread some glue around, and not get any on my own fingers, this time
Rolleyes

I think I have enough clamps...may need to get a few cauls made...

I checked the size of that glued up lid....usual luck
Uhoh  panel is more than long enough....just not wide enough..
Angry ..so. a second glue up might happen today....
Rolleyes

Film @ 2300  hrs...
Winkgrin
Ok..drawer divider panel has been sized to fit..

Used a #3 Stanley to joint the edges,   same with the floor panel..

And made sure it would fit...
Cool

Then took it all apart....and cleaned up a couple spots..
Winkgrin

This is about to be a War Zone....hope I have enough clamps..spread the glue around...

May have missed a spot?

Moved this mess to the center of the bench...needed some elbow room.   Lid is out of the clamps, and cut to rough length...then an edge was jointed..
Winkgrin

Along with an "add-on" piece....then a rubbed glue joint..
Cool  

Arrow points to the glue joint....decided to add a few clamps & cauls....
Rolleyes
Folded sandpaper is because that one clamp likes to walk away, while I tighten down....Vise acts as a 3rd hand, and...a caul to keep things flat.

bench is now filled up...guess I can wait until tomorrow....
Rolleyes 
Stay tuned.
Winkgrin

Attached Files Image(s)

Ok..time to remove them clamps....all of them...
Rolleyes  

Took a while....then cleaned up all the joints...front..
Cool

used a block plane to level the drawer divider...then the sides...
Winkgrin

and the other..

And then the back...

Lid came out of the clamps..when I get some room, I'll smooth it out...

Plywood I WAS going to use for the base....didn't work out...Plan B is to glue up a new base..
Rolleyes

Laid out the two blanks for the drawer fronts...

And, made sure the lid is the right size..

So...bench is now full of it, again..
Rolleyes 

Not too bad of a day....
An empty bench means you're not doing anything. Keep it full. 

It's coming along nicely.  Did you put a finish of some sort on the wood? It looks almost painted in some of the pics.  Maybe it's just the lighting.