Router bit got me on Friday
Router got me.  Before the stitches came out, apparently a nerve "attached" to one of the stiches.  Nurses gave up, called in a doctor; absolutely the most pain I've encountered.  A smart person would have learned their lesson.  But...…..
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
It's healing very well. There's no skin, but the underlying red stuff certainly appears to have the shape of a normal finger. I suppose that's good.

Doc yesterday said no signs of infection, which is the only worry at this point. I do have a blister the size of a small alien baby essentially covering the entire fingertip from the last knuckle to the tip, but it's apparently normal. Maybe. It looks absurd to me, but I started oral antibiotics today just in case. The only real pain is from the pressure of the blister. I really can't wait until the body reabsorbs all of this fluid.

I'll spare you the picture.
When I broke that last segment of bone and nearly severed the end of the finger, there was no real pain.  I felt a bit dizzy when  held the hand up and saw the tip of the finger pointing OUT ninety degrees and all the blood.  So I went to the frost free stand pipe in the yard, opened er up and stuck the hand in the flow to clean off the wound. 
No

The water comes from a 200+ foot deep well. 
Raised  Cold is putting it mildly.  That icy water woke up the nerves. 
Eek
Miss T drove me to the ER, where after xrays, the teenaged female doc snapped the bone back into alignment, about two hours after the initial injury.
The nerves had gone back to sleep.  They woke right up... Screaming. 
Upset

Eventually, it healed.  Sorta.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
I'm OK with sorta. It's been good enough for my back, both my shoulders, my foot, and everything else I've broken in one way or another over the years.

I found out yesterday and today I can type without my middle finger. Not quite as well, but it still works. The downside is that I now have a very sore forearm because the little muscles and tendons you use to type are apparently very different when typing normally compared to without your middle finger.

My kids seem to get better within about fifteen seconds of getting sick or injuring themselves. That would be nice.
I may have you all beat.
Big Grin    I had a huge spiked kidney stone. It was far worse than the gall bladder attack. Level 9.9 I bet ya. Took morphine to make it bearable.

I have passed many stones, but this one took me down. I had to lay down on the floor of the emergency room in fear of fainting and falling out of the chair. After putting up with it for almost 4 hours, I told them to shoot me with drugs or a gun- doesn't matter!

It passed, then I passed 7 more the next day! One was 5mm.
(02-26-2020, 12:00 AM)daddo Wrote: I may have you all beat.
Big Grin    I had a huge spiked kidney stone. 

NOT FAIR!!! daddo, you are cheating!!!!!!!!!!

I got cold chills just reading your story.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Day 12 now.

First day without a bandage on. It's healing better than I expected, and while the cut area is slightly round it isn't anywhere near the other middle finger. It's possible that it will eventually return to the normal shape of a finger, but that will take a lot more than two weeks.

The fun part is that about 80% of the fingertip blistered, most likely from the chemical burns (silver nitrate) or thermal burns (electrocauterization). The fluid is gone, but the top skin is hard and callused as the new skin grows underneath. It feels like my fingertip has been dipped in wax.
(03-04-2020, 09:04 AM)FS7 Wrote: Day 12 now.

First day without a bandage on. It's healing better than I expected, and while the cut area is slightly round it isn't anywhere near the other middle finger. It's possible that it will eventually return to the normal shape of a finger, but that will take a lot more than two weeks.

The fun part is that about 80% of the fingertip blistered, most likely from the chemical burns (silver nitrate) or thermal burns (electrocauterization). The fluid is gone, but the top skin is hard and callused as the new skin grows underneath. It feels like my fingertip has been dipped in wax.

Glad to see you are  progressing.  Behave yourself at least 'till it heals.  

John
Glad it wasn't worse.  

Similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago.  Still have the scar tissue to prove it
Smile

I figured out how mine happened...and I'm extremely careful now so it doesn't happen again. Can't be too careful!

Thanks for sharing.
It's been almost 17 months since this happened. I thought it might be fun to give an update.

It's actually still healing, albeit quite slowly. It healed over quickly, though not really in the shape of a finger. I could hold them up together and recognize immediately one was round and one wasn't. Now, you can't really tell. The area still has the occasional "red dot," which I recognize is a blood vessel supplying necessarily nourishment to the area. They come and go, so I assume the "remodeling" takes places in stages. I used to have pretty dramatic sensitivity to heat, but not so much any more. Direct impact no longer causes intense pain, just a small nuisance. It's not quite as numb and tingly as it used to be.

It's quite fascinating to me the way the body heals and in particular the way it can take so long to actually do it.