Small cabinet build-along
(06-01-2020, 01:08 PM)Aram Wrote: Yoooouuu'lll seee....

Big Grin

Big Stinker. 
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-01-2020, 05:32 PM)Aram Wrote: Another step in the oddest glue-up ever. 

[Image: i-d5gZhxB-M.jpg]

The assembled parts are all glued. The separate parts, obviously, are not.

[Image: i-Lvp7rHW-M.jpg]

Originally, I planned to have 5 drawers in the left section, 5 in the middle, and a door on the right. My current thinking is to keep the middle drawers, but have a 5-shelf pullout unit on the left. Built like a drawer on its side, with dividers as shelves. Designing this thing on the fly, for better or worse.

So trying to understand here.

You are installing 5 micro drawers with a door that hides them??  That sounds really neat.  Then two other doors?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(06-02-2020, 10:37 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: So trying to understand here.

You are installing 5 micro drawers with a door that hides them??  That sounds really neat.  Then two other doors?

No door. Just a pull-out unit with 5 shelves.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
A little more progress. Marvin Gaye, a lot of Nick Lowe, some mainstream rock, a band called Spoon (Gimme Fiction, very good record).

As I showed before, the cabinet will be divided into 3 sections. To locate the dividers square and where I want them, I routed shallow grooves on the frame. On the bottom:

[Image: i-VnXv2Xg-M.jpg]

And using the same router spacers, on the top. Had to flip the cabinet with all the clamps on it, which was mildly nerve wracking.

[Image: i-8G4j7sj-M.jpg]

The bottom grooves run the full length of the stretchers. The top frame has no such cross pieces, so there is just a short section of groove on the front and rear frames. That's fine, all it needs to do is locate the divider. Note that these grooves are stopped. I don't want them visible on the front. They go clear through on the rear, so I can slide the frames in.

[Image: i-zH5drZD-M.jpg]

I fitted the dividers with splines to match the grooves. Obviously, I have also fitted the right frame with a panel. This will be visible in the door compartment. The left frame will not be seen, so I didn't see any point in bothering with a panel there. It will be plenty strong and useful.

[Image: i-qGq3jBd-M.jpg]

Dry fit, looks fine. The fronts of the dividers are a little proud. This is intentional, so I can plane them flush after glue-up.

[Image: i-vcD53Vh-M.jpg]
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Short session, with a little more Nick Lowe and a palm router.

I routed dadoes into the divider frames, with a 1/8" bit. They will hold shelves for drawers to slide on in the middle compartment.

[Image: i-STPB8Xx-M.jpg]

They are stopped, for two reasons. One, the drawer fronts will each have a small overhang. The shelves will act as stops. Two, I may be an amateur, but I have some standards. Through dadoes would look awful.

[Image: i-JsXGSC8-M.jpg]

I just hope they line up will enough that the drawers won't rock.
Best,
Aram, always learning

Looking forward to seeing how it all works together.
Yes

(06-09-2020, 01:47 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Looking forward to seeing how it all works together.
Yes

Cool. I'm looking forward to seeing if if all works together.
Best,
Aram, always learning

(06-09-2020, 10:37 PM)Aram Wrote: Cool. I'm looking forward to seeing if if all works together.

You must not be sure with the double IF. 
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

Aram

Is it like 3 drawers that are pulled out and each one has 5 drawers??

(06-11-2020, 07:07 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Aram

Is it like 3 drawers that are pulled out and each one has 5 drawers??

No, not that complicated. Right will be a cabinet space with a door in front. Center is 5 drawers. Left is a... like, vertical drawer with shelves in it.
Best,
Aram, always learning