Old miter saw parts
I have several miter saws; most happen to be in another city.
The one here is an old Craftsman 113.234680 which is an 8-1/4” saw.
Thing is the little sucker is accurate—better than my 10” Delta although not nearly as nice as my 12” DeWalt.

Anyway, what’s the chance someone here has one of these laying around?
The plastic handle is broken; dried and cracked from age.
Can’t find parts for it online.
I’d hate to put it in the dump if I don’t have to....
Thanks
G
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(03-01-2020, 12:58 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: I have several miter saws; most happen to be in another city.
The one here is an old Craftsman 113.234680 which is an 8-1/4” saw.
Thing is the little sucker is accurate—better than my 10” Delta although not nearly as nice as my 12” DeWalt.

Anyway, what’s the chance someone here has one of these laying around?
The plastic handle is broken; dried and cracked from age.
Can’t find parts for it online.
I’d hate to put it in the dump if I don’t have to....
Thanks
G

Have you thought about making a new handle? Wood, acetal, etc. might work. I once made a new handle for a commercial food slicing machine. 
Original handle cracked when the slicer turned over in a truck that was transporting it to a new location. My mom recommended me to her friend that owned the machine. I removed the handle, most of the handle was cracked but in place. I hot glued the broken parts temporarily for a full size pattern. I had a few limbs from an apple tree that had been dry for 10+ years. Made new handle from the apple limb. Took about 5 hours total, after hot glue pattern was made. 
This was in the early 70's and the slicer is still going strong in the Deli.
mike
You do not list the model but there are plenty of people selling handles for Dewalt miter saws:

https://www.google.com/search?q=12%22+de...66&bih=654
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(03-04-2020, 11:30 AM)Cooler Wrote: You do not list the model but there are plenty of people selling handles for Dewalt miter saws:

https://www.google.com/search?q=12%22+de...66&bih=654

"The one here is an old Craftsman 113.234680 which is an 8-1/4” saw."

Isn't this make and model?
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(03-04-2020, 04:04 PM)museumguy Wrote: "The one here is an old Craftsman 113.234680 which is an 8-1/4” saw."

Isn't this make and model?

I could not tell from " Thing is the little sucker is accurate—better than my 10” Delta although not nearly as nice as my 12” DeWalt." which saw you were referring to.  I thought you were talking about the Dewalt.

The handle is available here for $55.00.  But you will have to throw out the rest of the saw (which will leave you with plenty of spare parts).

https://jollypackrat.com/products/sears-...-mitre-saw
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
That old Craftsman was my first powered miter saw. Very simple saw, and most accurate to this day, to adjust true.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I brought the Delta back from the farm, so I can take the old Craftsman apart and see if it’s repairable.
Friend has a 3D printer—if I can’t do anything with it, I’ll ask him to look at it.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.