Looking for accurate 8" level
What I'm after I suppose is a machinist level like the Starrett 98-8-8 but would prefer a calibrated model instead of a manually calibrated version.

Looking for high accuracy, would initially use as a tool to ensure turntable leveling accuracy...a little deviation makes a big difference.

I'm fine with the $150 ish price tag of the Starrett, but not sure what's out there thats equivalent that's as accurate and calibrated.

All input appreciated.
Use a steel ball on the platter.
Just wondering why you need that kind of accuracy?
Confused
(03-01-2020, 05:14 PM)gmcman Wrote: What I'm after I suppose is a machinist level like the Starrett 98-8-8 but would prefer a calibrated model instead of a manually calibrated version.

Looking for high accuracy, would initially use as a tool to ensure turntable leveling accuracy...a little deviation makes a big difference.

I'm fine with the $150 ish price tag of the Starrett, but not sure what's out there thats equivalent that's as accurate and calibrated.

All input appreciated.

Honestly, if a "little deviation makes a big difference" then you will have far more variation from the vinyl records than any variation in the turntable itself.  Stabila makes very high quality levels and they are often available at hardware stores.  I don't know that they are going to be any more accurate than Starrett.  You might also want to consider a Wixey electronic level.  The most accurate "level" is actually a plumb bob.  Set it up on the outside rim of your turntable and you can measure low and high spots.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
How about posting this question on a machinist site like Home Shop Machinist?
Precision machinists levels aren't cheap. A new 8" level will run you anywhere from $250 to $400, depending on the accuracy and maker. You can try Grizzly Tools. They have more affordable Chinese versions.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill