Another skunk thread
So no one tried humming like Hav-a-Hart traps recommends?
Big Grin
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(03-06-2020, 08:40 AM)Cooler Wrote: So no one tried humming like Hav-a-Hart traps recommends?
Big Grin

Smirk
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I thought about it, but I didn't think Mr. Skunk would appreciate the irony of "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road" ...
(03-05-2020, 08:53 PM)Bob10 Wrote: If you are calm as you walk up to the skunk and let them see you as you approach they tend not to spray.  This method works well but you have to keep your eye on the skunk if the tail goes up slow down possibly back up slowly.  Any fast action and you are in for a problem

Yea! Try this next time and let us know how it goes.
Yes
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(03-06-2020, 07:53 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Yea! Try this next time and let us know how it goes.
Yes

Here....hold my beer......
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(03-06-2020, 07:53 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Yea! Try this next time and let us know how it goes.
Yes

Done it that way probably 40 times now.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

So last night I released a skunk. Normal procedure is to set the cage down, open it and prop it open, then let the skunk wander out on it's own time. This morning it was still there... stupid skunk. So I cut the contractor bag off that was covering it. Skunks dont like to be exposed, so this will normally get them moving faster. 2 hours later he was still there.

It took a few cups of cold water hitting his back end to get him moving.

They really are mellow. Sometimes comatose.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

(03-08-2020, 08:13 AM)EatenByLimestone Wrote: So last night I released a skunk.  Normal procedure is to set the cage down, open it and prop it open, then let the skunk wander out on it's own time.   This morning it was still there... stupid skunk.  So I cut the contractor bag off that was covering it.   Skunks dont like to be exposed, so this will normally get them moving faster.  2 hours later he was still there.  

It took a few cups of cold water hitting his back end to get him moving.

They really are mellow.   Sometimes comatose.

Prolly did some 'ludes earlier and was chillin' out.
We were at a place last summer that had a "pet skunk" Person said they are very near sighted.

Watched an old Dirty Jobs tv show and they were working with an exterminator in a large city to get them out of a crawlspace. They capture 2 skunks, 1 possum and a couple raccoons. They patched the holes and then released all of them nearby.

Not quite what I would have done.
(03-09-2020, 08:12 PM)toolmiser Wrote: We were at a place last summer that had a "pet skunk"  Person said they are very near sighted.

Watched an old Dirty Jobs tv show and they were working with an exterminator in a large city to get them out of a crawlspace.  They capture 2 skunks, 1 possum and a couple raccoons.  They patched the holes and then released all of them nearby.

Not quite what I would have done.

They are supposed to make pretty decent pets.  It is illegal in New York as they are listed as "wildlife".  In other areas they are legal.  And they come in colors!

http://skunkville.homestead.com/skunkcolors.html

When my cat died, by German Shepherd went into a deep depression.  One evening he woke me up whining and I saw him at the front door (which had a window he could see out of).  I turned on the light and there was a skunk on the front lawn. 

My dog was all agitated and whining, so I promised him I would get him a new cat.  I went the following week and got him two kittens.  He was in heaven. 

Cats turn good dogs into excellent dogs.  They really fill out their lives.