Variation on a theme ( Mallet )
So I finally got around to making a few more mallets after considering some feed back, etc.
Added a 0.25" brass ferrule for added strength. And looks of course. Making a small number of them in 14-15 ounce versions. ( Head weight ). Beyond that a few "one offs" I had laying around.
" />
[Image: 49629033327_a2c16daec0_z.jpg]" />
[Image: 49629033312_da09cb9b2d_z.jpg]" />
Forever spinning that squirrel cage.
Wink
BontzSawWorks.net
I like all of them Ron.  I think the one with the ebony handle I like the best tho.   Well done.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Yeah, that brass ferrule is a nice detail.

Nice things they are.

Ron Brese
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
Ron, I'm still very happy with mine. It's always on the bench ready to go. Someday I'll have to get it a big brother for my pigstickers.
Very elegant. Mallets fit for a king.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(03-06-2020, 08:57 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: So I finally got around to making a few more mallets after considering some feed back, etc.
Added a 0.25" brass ferrule for added strength. And looks of course. Making a small number of them in 14-15 ounce versions. ( Head weight ). Beyond that a few "one offs" I had laying around.
" />
[Image: 49629033327_a2c16daec0_z.jpg]" />
[Image: 49629033312_da09cb9b2d_z.jpg]" />
Forever spinning that squirrel cage.
Wink

wow those mallets are beautiful! i would be afraid to use them.  jerry
Wow! Very nice looking mallets
Those are very nice!
Changing the business name to Bontz WhackerWerks? Those sure are pretty. I've really liked mine for the couple real whacking sessions I've managed since receiving it. I'd advise anyone looking for a nice mallet to jump on them whilst you can.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Very nice. Love the one in the top pic
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020