Patina I Wasn't Looking For
After two years of keeping most of my tools in storage, I finally got around to unpacking my hand tools.  Living in central Florida, I was anticipating not all my tools would be nice and shiny like they were in the southern California desert.  And I was right.  Most tools survived without any blemishes.  A few had some rust spots which I removed with some sandpaper.  Then I wiped them all down with a jojoba oil applicator.  None of my chisels or plane blades had any issues.  Perhaps the chromium content in the tool steels helps them prevent rust.

Now I'm looking forward to starting to build a few things.  I still have a garage (my shop) full of stuff which makes it a challenge to find some things, but for the most part, things are organized.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Glad you have your tools now and know you will be looking forward to using them. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.