Lie Nielsen hand tool events - Cancellation
Just got this in an email - and please check with LN before making or cancelling plans, 

But heads up on this

Cancellation Notice
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
I'm not surprised to see this responsible decision. A couple of guys I know planned to go to the NY Woodworking Shows, but decided not to take the risk. The organizer has not announced any cancellations so far.

Simon
Today we were informed at work that unless travel is necessary to attend a critical contractual event or is considered critical to program performance, all travel is suspended thru April 30. No telling whether this COVID 19 stuff is going to be better or worse by then.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Looks like the handtool event in NH is still on.
(03-11-2020, 04:22 PM)AHill Wrote: suspended thru April 30.  No telling whether this COVID 19 stuff is going to be better or worse by then.

ONLY WORSE!

Come back here on May 1 to see how right (or wrong) I'm.

The W.H.O. is totally rubbish, only calling the outbreak pandemic today. It has been pandemic for more than a month. Too little too late.

Simon
Fine Woodworking magazine just notified one of my buddies that its 2020 LIVE in April has been cancelled.

Simon
It is good to see the promoters of these, and other more massive events rescheduling. We've been through similar illness events and need to pay attention to what we learned during those. Quelling fears is fine but, don't substitute that for addressing the issues. Proactive beats reactive in things like this every time.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Try to watch/listen to the following. For me, with a science background, the following--all of it--was enlightening. There is no BS. Lots of infectious bugs discussed, of which Covid-19 is a part, that additionally enlightens. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0...e=youtu.be