J Deere Mower
I'd bet a mower repair shop or briggs online would have the torques.
Be aware, that if you take a plug out and put it back in, don't snug up + 1/4 turn. The gasket gets compressed on the first install, with 1/4 turn.
More like 1/8, but I do it by feel.
If you replace the gasket, do snug + 1/4 turn. I still do it by feel.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(03-16-2020, 04:09 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:           I think those briggs engine heads must have been designed by Ford because stuck spark plugs are common on them. At least they know how to make a spark plug unlike ford and their two piece monstrosities that fall apart.

Don't put antisieze on the blade bolt. It needs to go on dry like lug nuts. Use a 3/8 impact to install and remove blades. 1/2" will get too tight.

Most if not all blades go on the way the blade spins witch keeps them snug. I am not sure antiseize would be a problem. Everyone I know uses it on Bushog blades and a mower is similar.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
(03-15-2020, 04:43 PM)barnowl Wrote: AND the spark plug threads.

And hand tight, plus 1/4 turn. Period.

No need to over tighten.

+1

Same with oil filters. I just crushed one on my new (used) Nissan trucklet trying to get it off. Can't stand hammer mechanics. My neighbor asked my why I do all my own work yesterday. I showed him the old oil filter.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(04-02-2020, 07:55 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: +1

Same with oil filters. I just crushed one on my new (used) Nissan trucklet trying to get it off. Can't stand hammer mechanics. My neighbor asked my why I do all my own work yesterday. I showed him the old oil filter.

I made those mistakes when I was young. I always thought tighter was better.
  The human mind is a wonderful thing- it learns and adapts.  ?