Cherry Dresser for the Grandson
(03-20-2020, 05:29 PM)GeeDub Wrote: A shop made depth gauge sets me up for drawer lock joints at the router table.

Featherboards are your friend with this joint.

The large panels are just profiled blanks to cut drawer box parts from.

A hole at the front and slots that get larger from front to back allow the top to expand to the rear keeping the front elevations consistent throughout the year.  This can be done with a router and an edge guide as I am doing here or just drill the holes and connect them with a chisel or a rat tail rasp.

For grins I use contrasting walnut dowels from underneath to secure the breadboards.  No one will probably ever see them.

You can pare or plane these flush.  There wasn't much sticking out so I just pared them off with a butt chisel.

I mark out some drawer fronts.

The carcass is pretty much worked out.

Drawer boxes too.

On the second picture.  What is that DC muffler looking thing??
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That is a 6” duct reduced to a 4” blast gate. I quick couple a hose to the gate for my planer and drum sander when they are in use.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Masterfully done 
Cool
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Beautiful piece! Thanks for the build thread!
(03-22-2020, 12:48 AM)GeeDub Wrote: That is a 6” duct reduced to a 4” blast gate. I quick couple a hose to the gate for my planer and drum sander when they are in use.

Thanks

Someday I will get as much cherry and different thickness (for bowls platters and furniture) to make some nice stuff like yours.  Being in the military for along time and never being a woodworker or enough money to get good furniture I would love to make some nice stuff for my wife. 
Yes
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Very nice, well done!  Happens I just finished a cherry bookcase for my grandson so I know where the love is.
Spectacular. Do you have any recent photos? Would be interesting to see how it's color has deepened over the years.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Very Nicely done. Nice write up.

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
(03-28-2020, 05:32 PM)AHill Wrote: Spectacular.  Do you have any recent photos?  Would be interesting to see how it's color has deepened over the years.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

@AHill - I have asked my daughter to take a picture.  I'll post it when I get it.  I delivered it in mid 2017 so we can see  how cherry has changed.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

It looks like a piece that could follow him for the rest of his life.  Nicely designed and built.  Thanks for the walk through.