woodworking ideas for a grandpa to do with a 8 year old grandson
Suggestions appreciated.

roger901
(03-26-2020, 09:12 AM)roger901 Wrote: Suggestions appreciated.

roger901

I built the standard go-to projects like tool boxes, bird houses and bird feeders with my 2 grandsons.  I loaded the tool boxes with old tools I found at the flea market.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(03-26-2020, 10:57 AM)Bill Wilson Wrote: I built the standard go-to projects like tool boxes, bird houses and bird feeders with my 2 grandsons.  I loaded the tool boxes with old tools I found at the flea market.

Sloyd trivet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0U_c6MrGwE
How about bat houses, guess it depends if they know there are bats where they are.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
If he likes riding his bike, build some small wooden jumps!
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Spice rack for his mom on Mothers Day

She will never forgive you though...
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
(03-26-2020, 10:57 AM)Bill Wilson Wrote: I built the standard go-to projects like tool boxes, bird houses and bird feeders with my 2 grandsons.  I loaded the tool boxes with old tools I found at the flea market.

Amen
(03-26-2020, 09:12 AM)roger901 Wrote: Suggestions appreciated.

roger901

Bee hive or swarm trap.  It could lead to more projects and probably some education about bees and plants

This happened today at my place.  It was crazy

[Image: 00S0S_bDxRz68R0Ij_1200x900.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Google "thumb ring book holder" for countless design possibilities. Great gifts for him to make and to give away.

By the way, lucky grandson...he has got one of the best ways to fight cabin fever.

Simon
How about a Tablet stand