Domino dust adapter?
(03-30-2020, 08:41 PM)JDuke Wrote: Thank you for all the suggestions

After looking at the options of adapters for hoses I already have I decided I wanted a more flexible hose so,
I’ve ordered the Bosch.

Thank you again for the suggestions

Duke

You will be happy with the Bosch hose. I use them on all 3 of my Festool Dust Extractors and Shop Vacs. They work just as well as the Festool hoses as far as the rubber end fitting onto the Festool tools dust ports.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
(03-30-2020, 09:06 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: 3d print one for your setup

I am not anywhere good enough with my 3D printer to make one yet
(03-31-2020, 03:51 PM)JDuke Wrote: I am not anywhere good enough with my 3D printer to make one yet

seriously try www.tinkercad.com - I think you got this!
heck www.thingiverse.com may have an adapter for you already.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

customize the size you want and print

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1246651

Thumbs Down 
Fellas - I admire some of the can do attitude of the "just make one" suggestion.

But, that requires one to have a $500- 1000 printer and the time to design the thing, plus the cost of the filament.    Even then, the ridgid connector isn't going to fit as well as the rubber tool end of a proper vac hose.  Especially if your domino has the newer cleantec fitting.

Buying a good hose (like the vac005) is faster , better , and cheaper.  It is also adaptable to more tools because it's rubber, where that 3D domino fitting is likely only good for the domino.  The good hose is just a better , more pleasant experience for all your tools.
(04-28-2020, 12:05 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Fellas - I admire some of the can do attitude of the "just make one" suggestion.

But, that requires one to have a $500- 1000 printer and the time to design the thing, plus the cost of the filament.    Even then, the ridgid connector isn't going to fit as well as the rubber tool end of a proper vac hose.  Especially if your domino has the newer cleantec fitting.

Buying a good hose (like the vac005) is faster , better , and cheaper.  It is also adaptable to more tools because it's rubber, where that 3D domino fitting is likely only good for the domino.  The good hose is just a better , more pleasant experience for all your tools.

It reminds me of some youtube videos that show people spending a few hours on making something that can be had for just $20. Not to mention that the homemade version is often inferior. The false sense of time not having any value is pretty widespread, and not just in woodworking.

Simon
(04-30-2020, 02:26 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: It reminds me of some youtube videos that show people spending a few hours on making something that can be had for just $20. Not to mention that the homemade version is often inferior. The false sense of time not having any value is pretty widespread, and not just in woodworking.

Simon

And even if you were to print one that works from a standard file repository and ignored the depreciation of the printer to  produce it - at the end of the day you'd still have a short, cheap crappy shop vac hose to use.

Buy the bosch or powertec hose. Be done with it and go make wood dust; not melted plastic.
Pssh. A creality ender3 is $189-$220 and is a great printer. Add $20 glass bed, $7 springs, and $20 roll of hatchbox pla and start printing. A sd508 or forrest dado blade stack is more than that.