Shop Tour Part 2
And here is part 2.....

Overhead bin storage, lumber for upcoming projects, Nova DVR drill press (this thing is awesome!)

South wall is the miter station and more cabinet storage.  On the right is my line boring machine (which if someone needs one, I’d be happy to sell this one)   More small part storage with the bins, wall cabinets house mostly finishes and frequently used items.  Base cabinets hold hardware, seldom used power tools and other secondary items.  Bosch miter saw with dust collection via the Fein shop vac and also have a drop from the Oneida DC.  I’m bicycle guy too and those rims you see on the right are carbon fiber BMX racing rims that I’m getting ready to build up for a local racer.  Been working on bicycles for over 30 years!

Tool cluster in the middle of the shop has the PM 20” planer, PM 25” dual drum sander, Delta shaper, Delta DJ20 jointer and Delta 14” band saw.  All easily accessible and ready to go

Assembly table with MFT style top.   I also keep a sheet of ½” MDF cut to the same size I can throw on the top if I need a solid top for any reason.  Screws, drills and more Festool ready to grab when I need it.

All of my lumber storage is out in a barn in the backyard.  I bring material in only when I need it and let it acclimate to shop conditions.

So there you have it.  Quick look into my approach of how I like to set up my shop.  Like most, it has evolved immensely during the 14 years we’ve lived here and I think it’s finally to the point where I don’t mess with it anymore!

Thanks for looking and ask any questions you may have!

Kris
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Very nice shop with great equipment! I like how you've personalized it with your own base and overhead cabinets. Thanks for the tour!

Doug
Very nice indeed!!

Cool
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Great looking shop!
Big Grin
Dave

Sweet.  I admire you guys than can keep a place clean and organized... especially to the degree that one is.  I get to start over in a couple years, and it'll take probably about a week before I have to start looking for things again.  
Laugh
Cool tour.  Thanks for posting!

I took note of the Barrina LED lights mentioned in the first part of the tour.  I've had an 8-pack of their 4' LEDs on my list at Amazon for a while now.  The item on my list has the 4000K temp; based on the pics I've seen in the ad, the 4000K temp lights seem to have a more pleasing daylight color to them.  Did you pay much attention to that aspect when you bought the Barrina LEDs; you seem pleased with the output of the lights.

Again -- fantastic shop!
Love the tour.  Great shop with awesome tools.  Looks like you managed the space very well.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
That’s a great shop.
Don
Certainly appears to be very well organized, given the space. Lots of machines packed into that space.

Tell us more about:

Chop saw station. I see that it is almost fully enclosed (for dust collection I presume) with dedicated Fein/Dust Deputy below.

Festool CT dust extraction with Dust Deputy. Does this have the Festool Cyclone systainer, or a shop made collection top?
~Dan.
(04-05-2020, 07:51 AM)WxMan Wrote: Cool tour.  Thanks for posting!

I took note of the Barrina LED lights mentioned in the first part of the tour.  I've had an 8-pack of their 4' LEDs on my list at Amazon for a while now.  The item on my list has the 4000K temp; based on the pics I've seen in the ad, the 4000K temp lights seem to have a more pleasing daylight color to them.  Did you pay much attention to that aspect when you bought the Barrina LEDs; you seem pleased with the output of the lights.

Again -- fantastic shop!

I took color temp very serious when figuring out lights.  These replaced T8 fluorescents with 6500K lamps  Those were too cool and more of a bluish tone.

These LED's are 5000K  

4100K was just a bit too warm for my taste.  5000K seems to the sweet spot for shop lighting  At least for me.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV