A new til for the planes?
Now that the Tool cabinet is done, and filled up.....next on the list will be a new home for these..
Winkgrin  

Hammer til is heading for the firepit, I think.  
Raised

May build a "Hutch"....a series of shelves for the planes to sit on....maybe several to each shelf....From the two #7s on down to the # planes...have them sitting on that foam drawer liner used in metal tool boxes.   Then enclose the case with a couple doors....with Plexi-Glass windows...so I can see what is in there.  And still have them dust free.
Confused

There IS a shelf that needs cleaned out...
Winkgrin
Some will wander into the new case/til.....others may get sold....
Rolleyes

Block planes....currently ( last count
Rolleyes )  I have 15 of the little buggers....half afraid to build a drawer to stash them in....you can put 2 in a drawer one day...come back later, and find 8 in the drawer.....bad as Mice.
No 

Will see how things shape up.....as to whether a drawer or two along the bottom edge of the new til will work out...
Rolleyes

Do you think a light inside would be a tad too much?
Winkgrin 

Stay tuned....
Winkgrin

Attached Files Image(s)

Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Sounds like a variant case of Parkinson's Law.
Wink
Laugh

Simon
Hey...no yard sales to go to....might as well have something to, while cooped up in the house....
Winkgrin
I think it sounds great.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

You're going to need to post a shop tour once you complete all this organization.
I can help you Bandit! Simply send that MF15 my way!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Lumber and a box of screws has been bought.   First task tomorrow?  Tear down the existing stuff...clear away all the bad stuff...and then see about building the new...including a few drawers for the Block planes to reside in....maybe with dividers to keep them separate......
Rolleyes

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
(04-06-2020, 04:38 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Lumber and a box of screws has been bought.   First task tomorrow?  Tear down the existing stuff...clear away all the bad stuff...and then see about building the new...including a few drawers for the Block planes to reside in....maybe with dividers to keep them separate......
Rolleyes

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin

You chose to ignore my plea for the #15! (just joking).

Bandit, you ought to show a pic of the innards of these MF planes-frog looks like an earlier type Bailey, or a Bedrock, with the two piece lever-lock putting pressure in the sweet spot of the chip breaker. I just got a really nice #3 size MF, that has all the indications of becoming a favorite!
www.metaltech-pm.com
Hmm...like this?
Cool

Ok, moving day...and time to have a Plan delivered..
Bigs were stashed on some pine boards..

The medium sized ones found a shelf to roost on..

Not so if this is a good idea..but..

How much trouble can these get into, anyway....which left the old til empty....
Rolleyes

Then move it off to the side, for now....I used a lot of glue to build it, not much I can salvage, other than screws..

So, this is the area I have to work in.   I let the tool cabinet door swing all the way open...used a sharpie to mark the arc of the swing...

This let's me know where the left edge of the plane til will be....then find out how far to the right I can reach, and mark another line..
Cool

between these marks, I have 30" I can use for width...also found a few "treasures" in hiding behind the old til..

More stuff to put away.
Rolleyes 

OK, Moose & Squirrel delivered a Plan...
Winkgrin 

Looks like 37-1/2" tall.   Thinking there will be 3 drawers along the bottom, may hide a few block planes in there.  Will need to sit the til cabinet up on 1" tall feet.

Not sure what I'll do with the old til..yet.   maybe a "Dust Cover" door for the saw til...

Boris B.  "Of course I have Plan, they don't always work, but, I always have plan"
Exactly!

Now I don't know if we should be spreading the word about MF planes, but, they're a fraction of the cost of Bedrocks, and less than the sought after Stanley Type 11 Baileys, but with (in my opinion) superior performance with the two piece lever cap, and a great stock iron.
www.metaltech-pm.com