Painters Triangles
I've been using those cheap plastic painters triangles for tinting and staining. I think they work better than scrap pieces of wood. Is there some type of equivalent product for long narrow pieces? I was thinking about getting a few pieces of 90 degree aluminum and attaching them to 2x4s or some scrap wood. I would think plastic with a thin edge would be better though. Any other suggestions?
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Metal blinds screwed to a board upright.
Course finding metal ones might be a problem.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

My favorite thing right now is scrap plywood squares as a base, drywall screw partially screwed in, rounded hardwood plug with the dome part waxed and the flat part glued to the drywall screw head. Easy and cheap to make, almost no chance of denting the workpiece, with the waxed domes they won't stick to it, either.

For something long and narrow, you could just use a long piece of scrap and stagger the drywall screws.
I use carpet tack strips.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Been using these forever.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/USP-3-1-2-in-x-...lsrc=aw.ds
[/url]
[url=https://www.lowes.com/pd/USP-3-1-2-in-x-1-11-16-in-22-Gauge-Galvanized-Mending-Plates/3374514?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-hdw-_-google-_-pla-_--_-framinghardware-_-3374514-_-0&placeholder=null&gclid=CjwKCAjwg6b0BRBMEiwANd1_SPV7MK2SyM3mjxDBG6sWU3Nu8fkvzHDAa0RkD_cNjtCSJMLqG15WFxoC3yUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds][Image: 081942031505.jpg?size=xl]
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
One word of caution - I too use painter's pyramids, but I found out some time back that if you have a big piece you need more of them. Usually resting a piece on four of them is fine, but I did manage to dent a sapele/maple/bloodwood buffet top in the process. I am not sure whether I pushed on it at some point or if it was simply the weight of that panel pushing on four tiny points.

Basically, be careful of anything with a point.
I like your idea of some kind of plastic angle piece.....I wonder if drywall corner bead (I've seen plastic versions of this) would work.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have had painters triangles dent wood several times. These were small dents, but still a pain.
One thing I have done for certain situations is take a scrap piece of plywood and drill small holes were I want the triangles positioned. 
The holes must be small enough that the points do not protrude above. Then put the points in the holes to create a stand-off table of sorts.

Cheers,
             PCG
(04-05-2020, 10:13 PM)FS7 Wrote: One word of caution - I too use painter's pyramids, but I found out some time back that if you have a big piece you need more of them. Usually resting a piece on four of them is fine, but I did manage to dent a sapele/maple/bloodwood buffet top in the process. I am not sure whether I pushed on it at some point or if it was simply the weight of that panel pushing on four tiny points.

Basically, be careful of anything with a point.

It's worse with soft wood. I discovered that the hard way when I built a screen door out of Cyprus. I had ~12 PPs under the door and ended up with the same number of dimples.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
I screw drywall screws through scraps of wood.  The painted parts sit on the points.  You can make any configuration.  

For small pieces 3" x 3" MDF or particle board work better.  They are less likely to tip over.  For other sizes I use anything from 1/4" ply to 3/4" flat goods.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.