Dutch tool chests - do you still love them
A jobsite carry around...
Cool 

Made so a full length handsaw will fit...

Of course, IF you want a lid...
Rolleyes  

Use the tool box from the Stanley No. 888 tool chest set....

Will even hold a brace and bit set, amongst a pile of other tools....might want to add handles on each end...I don't think that skinny one on the top will be much use

Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Yeah, Bandit, I saw that tool box you made.  Problem is I would still have to move tools from inside to outside. That tote and the tool box are too small for what I have so far.  That would necessitate multiple trips and things being spread all over the bench because I couldn't put them away when done.  Plus I would still need a place inside to store them.  That's where the Dutch chest kind of seemed like a good option on all fronts as long as I can move it.
Go to harbor Freight, and buy one of the Mover's Dollies....so you can roll that box around....
That is what I was thinking.  Or I saw a fold up one at Home Depot that can carry 100-150 lbs. That would be nice to have in the truck anyway.  Might be a good reason to get one.
Was working out of my Tool Cabinet, this afternoon..
Cool 

Needed a few tools...
Rolleyes 

Was doing a few dovetails..

Why are we still talking about wall mounted tool chests when the OP has asked specifically about the mobile Dutch Tool Chest?
Nothing better to do.....since most of us are stuck AT home, right now....
You might like to see Rob Cosman's mobile tool cabinet

Seems like it was designed so he could ship it for some event.
I'd be thinking about adapting it to be luggable with a hand truck.
I thought it was interesting how the contents unpack to set up for convenient access -- no box cluttering up your bench or needing to reach down to a box on the ground.

(update: there was a longer video about this cabinet as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTVfHwzc7kY )

Matt
(04-08-2020, 06:30 PM)mdhills Wrote: You might like to see Rob Cosman's mobile tool cabinet

Seems like it was designed so he could ship it for some event.
I'd be thinking about adapting it to be luggable with a hand truck.
I thought it was interesting how the contents unpack to set up for convenient access -- no box cluttering up your bench or needing to reach down to a box on the ground.

Matt

I’ve seen people build the Dutch Chest along the same idea where it’s two parts, a base cabinet on wheels and a removable top chest, similar to what machinists use (still have mine, a Kennedy combo). If I were contemplating making a portable Dutch box, I’d build the base cabinet too for it to sit on.
I ordered these casters from Amazon:

POWERTEC 17208 3-Inch Swivel Double Lock Polyurethane Plate Caster Gray, 4-Pack

Heads and shoulders above the available casters at HF and their movers dollies and not expensive.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.