An Old Tool Box
While looking through some of my older projects...re-discovered an old tool box I built.  While getting set to build a plane til...thought this would be a nice idea for others to try....choice of wood YOU use would be up you...
Cool
Pins first, right?

Then the tails?
Winkgrin 

Repeat for the other corners, and then a glue up? 

That center board?

Sits in a "dado" of sorts.   Divides the tool box.   Also a place for the two lids to rest against..

Yet allows larger tools some room in the bottom...
Cool

Lids.  Needed two.  Bread board ends started like this....then plane the angle..

Then glue them up...
Winkgrin

Then see about some hinges....
Rolleyes

Walnut strips are dust seals...and a place for the latches...

Stay tuned...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
A pine bottom was glued and screwed in place....not before a molded edge was routed..

handle attached at each end...because the single, skinny one on top wasn't quite enough..

Was patterned after a Stanley No. 888 Tool Chest...
Cool 

was then filled up with as many of the tools in the Stanley tool list as I had on hand..
Winkgrin

And...

And...
Winkgrin

Also a brace to go with a set of bits.   About the only thing I didn't have, was a Stanley 18" level...
No

This box and all the toys in it, were then donated as a "Door Prize".
Cool   You might look up the Stanley Tool box sets, sometime..
Winkgrin
Cool! 

Door prize for who, what?
Had a little get together down in Vicksburg a few years back....a group of Stumpy Nubs friends try to get together each year...Tool Box was won by a RCMP member of the group....
Winkgrin 

Me?  i came back with a complete Stanley #45, type 20.    

With the "condition" I restore box and all...
Winkgrin