Fence Upgrade Advice Needed
I have an old Delta Jet lock fence on a mid 50's C-man floor saw that is less than desirable.
I'm looking for a good value fence. The price on the Delta T3 fence looks like about my price range.

Any thing else in the $200 +- price range worth looking at.

Have these T3 fence been well received?  I heard there was some quality issues with the fence sides not being square or 90 with the table.

Any help?

Mark
I have an Accusquare fence on my saw and it has worked well for me -

http://www.mulecab.com/tablesaw.html
I had the Accusquare fence on a past table saw and it worked well for me. Now I have a Unifence. I prefer it to the Accusquare but the Unifence is no longer made and can be hard to find.
(04-08-2020, 06:36 PM)sawnuts Wrote: I have an old Delta Jet lock fence on a mid 50's C-man floor saw that is less than desirable.
I'm looking for a good value fence. The price on the Delta T3 fence looks like about my price range.

Have these T3 fence been well received?  I heard there was some quality issues with the fence sides not being square or 90 with the table.

Any help?

Mark

I have the T3 fence on an older Unisaw for 2-3 years, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Very accurate, smooth operating. Mine was dead on square to the blade out of the box.

Ed
Ed
sawnutsI have an old Delta Jet lock fence on a mid 50's C-man floor saw that is less than desirable.

Any help?

Mark

Vega would be my choice have had one for around 30 years very user friendly and accurate.
Depending on your needs for accuracy and your available shop shape, I would suggest looking at the Incra fence.  They are very accurate and provide truly repeatable cuts.  Only down side is the space required.
(04-08-2020, 06:36 PM)sawnuts Wrote: I have an old Delta Jet lock fence on a mid 50's C-man floor saw that is less than desirable.

Any help?

Mark

Not sure what after market fences costs nowadays but a Biesmier clone or a Vega fence may fill the bill. I have the ShopFox fence myself and like it. Years ago I worked for WoodWorkersWarehouse  and we sold Vega, Biesmier and a couple of different Delta fences. The 50" Vega seemed to be the most popular, probably because you got quality at a lower price than Biesmier. These fences were different but both were accurate.
mike
I'm a fan of Biesemeyer style fences.
Mine's a Exacta by Jet.
If you make the fence part (online detailed plans available) or locate one, the rest is just angle iron, and a 2x3 tube.
I use a Jet band saw fence on my Delta B's.
It's a t square design like a mini Bies. I have another Jet B's fence. Wonder how it would work on a table saw?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
The Align-A-Rip is a good replacement.
I got one for $75.00 when Sears had a sale.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I passed on the Accusquare since I remove my fence enough to make things a bother.  I had an Align-a-Rip on an old contractor saw and it was a good fence although no longer made as far as I know.  There is a nice looking one on that bidding site right now.  I slide the tube over for more rip capacity and stuck on a new tape. The Vega uses a round rail which is one of the things I wanted to get away from on the old Jet-Lock.

There are currently a lot of "better than Beis" clones out there but, not in your $200 budget area.  The Delta T3 seems well liked and is the most often discussed lower cost alternative.  I would say you have a winner there unless you come across a used Beis or other heavier format fence system.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.