Touch panel on Samsung range (updated)
Started beeping and displaying a “5E” code. Naturally, it decided to do this at 2 in the morning. I’d hear beeping and when I got up to try and find what’s doing it, it stops. After 15 minutes, it starts up again. 
Well, after a few iterations of this, I go downstairs and sit and wait. 
It was the range. I shut it off at the breaker so I can sleep.
After some sleep I go online to do some research and found out the error is a short in the touch panel. 
So what could possibly short it out?
Anyway, I find I can order a new touch panel with shipping for $90. 
Now I get to do another project!
VH07V  
(04-09-2020, 12:47 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Started beeping and displaying a “5E” code. Naturally, it decided to do this at 2 in the morning. I’d hear beeping and when I got up to try and find what’s doing it, it stops. After 15 minutes, it starts up again. 
Well, after a few iterations of this, I go downstairs and sit and wait. 
It was the range. I shut it off at the breaker so I can sleep.
After some sleep I go online to do some research and found out the error is a short in the touch panel. 
So what could possibly short it out?
Anyway, I find I can order a new touch panel with shipping for $90. 
Now I get to do another project!

We've not had good luck with Samsung.  Dishwashwer quit draining.  Replaced it.  Microwave has been throwing a code about the humidity sensor.  Unplugged that for awhile yesterday to see if it resets.  Convection has quit working on the range.  Fan(s) are still blowing, but temp isn't right, or even anywhere close.  'Regular' bake is fine.  All  these were replacement for the low-end Maytag that came with the house.

I'm thinking unless you buy extremely high end, things just aren't built to last anymore.  And even high end is hit and miss.
(04-09-2020, 05:29 AM)KC Wrote: We've not had good luck with Samsung.  Dishwashwer quit draining.  Replaced it.  Microwave has been throwing a code about the humidity sensor.  Unplugged that for awhile yesterday to see if it resets.  Convection has quit working on the range.  Fan(s) are still blowing, but temp isn't right, or even anywhere close.  'Regular' bake is fine.  All  these were replacement for the low-end Maytag that came with the house.

I'm thinking unless you buy extremely high end, things just aren't built to last anymore.  And even high end is hit and miss.

Not true.I bought 9 Frigedair appliances when I bought my house 11 years ago.I have never had a problem with any of them.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(04-09-2020, 05:29 AM)KC Wrote: We've not had good luck with Samsung.

High efficiency Samsung washer and dryer, washer is a POS; $800 and three years later it cannot complete a washing cycle without refilling the rinse cycle repeatedly.  Well known problem to Samsung, they will do nothing about it but refer you to 3rd party repair service, which wants $200 to come and diagnose the problem.  After covid  quarantine is over I'm throwing it out and replacing with a Speed Queen, old style agitator machine.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(04-09-2020, 05:29 AM)KC Wrote: We've not had good luck with Samsung.

Ditto
We had to replace both the fridge and range right after the warranty was up... like 1 or months over. They have it down to a science!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Had the same thing on a GE Profile.  The panel just goes bad.

Wife decided she wanted a new range, but doesn't like the one she got as much.

Curious what she will get next time.
I got the new touch panel a couple days ago and replaced the defective one today. There were several YouTube videos which helped a lot. Repair took about 40 minutes.

Apparently, the Samsung touch pads are very flimsy and don’t hold up. I guess when it goes bad next time, I’ll just get a new range (will not be Samsung).
VH07V