Need help with the table saw setting
Try opening up and cleaning dust off of everything.  There is a set of gear and a stop that locks in the 90 degrees, dust on either or both could add up to preventing that last 10th of a degree.  While your at it might as well tune up everything.  This is the technique I use to tune my table saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AignFa1374E
A carpenter's house is never done.
(04-10-2020, 10:06 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I think I need to do the whole shebang on the whole saw including the miter, fence, top, blade to guides and well everything including both of the bandsaws.  The small G0555 no matter what I do is not cutting square and I even tried the table, guides, blade, and I forgot the other one.

I need to adjust the out feed tables on the planner and check for level on the jointer.  Things are just getting past me.

Machine setup is so much more than assembly.  I go through a thorough setup and alignment for a new machine or on the rare occasion one gets transported somewhere.  Occasionally we get a pleasant surprise like my Grizzly G0490X tables that were so well setup out of the box that I wasted time trying to figure out what I was missing
Laugh .

If we want precision results from our machines we have to give them some love.  A machine off the pallet is no more ready to go than an edge of plywood is straight.  Grizzly makes it very easy to download their manuals if yours have wandered off.  I would take a Saturday morning, grab a cup of coffee and your alignment tools and walk through one machine.  Do another one some other day so you don't get burned out. 

Being in the state of mind that "this may take awhile" is critical for me when doing alignments.  It rarely takes very long but, the time or two that something requires me to repeat a step 4 or 5 times doesn't seem so bad if I am in the right state of mind.  Setting up any tool is nothing to try to squeeze in between other tasks; that road leads to madness.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

(04-09-2020, 11:46 PM)mike4244 Wrote: Arlin down load page 65 from the grizzly online manual for your saw. There is an adjusting bolt and a jam nut. Loosen the jam nut first. 
Pictures 107/110 show where the bolt and nut are. You do not have to remove the top. Before you adjust the bolt ,look for debris on the bolt head that could be the cause of the problem. How did you check the  angle? I use a 6" machinist square but a plastic drafting triangle works just as well.
Try cutting a scrap in half, if the blade is at 90° no gap will show when you place the seam together and flip one side over . If there is a minor discrepancy it will show up as a V when the scrap is flipped.
Other things can cause the cut to be not 90°. The insert may be not flush with the table, large squares or triangles will eliminate this if you first  remove the insert.
mike

This is the first thing I'd check. If you have something flat and thicker, that's would be even better. Don't try to fix something that isn't broke. .1 degrees isn't a lot.
(04-09-2020, 10:36 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: it will not go more than 89.9.  How do I fix this and is there a stop??

I have the Grizzly https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly...nife/G0690

If I have to remove the top that will not happen unless someone else does it.

Arlin,

I have the 0771Z hybrid. I notice I could not get 90 using my wixey. After I made the adjustments with the cover off it was spot on. Once I put the cover on I could not get 90 again. 

I called Grizzly and they gave me a few suggestions that did not work. Once I knew the motor was hitting the top of the cover when in the highest blade height I gently tapped the vent to clear the motor. It worked fine. A few days later Grizzly said the height of the blade was too high and that was the problem. Adjusting those nuts would have been a pain. Since I achieved what I wanted by reforming the side cover slightly I was good to go. Take a look. 

Mike
(04-17-2020, 11:31 AM)GeeDub Wrote: Machine setup is so much more than assembly.  I go through a thorough setup and alignment for a new machine or on the rare occasion one gets transported somewhere.  Occasionally we get a pleasant surprise like my Grizzly G0490X tables that were so well setup out of the box that I wasted time trying to figure out what I was missing
Laugh .

If we want precision results from our machines we have to give them some love.  A machine off the pallet is no more ready to go than an edge of plywood is straight.  Grizzly makes it very easy to download their manuals if yours have wandered off.  I would take a Saturday morning, grab a cup of coffee and your alignment tools and walk through one machine.  Do another one some other day so you don't get burned out. 

Being in the state of mind that "this may take awhile" is critical for me when doing alignments.  It rarely takes very long but, the time or two that something requires me to repeat a step 4 or 5 times doesn't seem so bad if I am in the right state of mind.  Setting up any tool is nothing to try to squeeze in between other tasks; that road leads to madness.

I agree with you.  When the VA bought all my grizzly equipment and it arrived my BIL put it all together for me and he did the best he could with the knowledge we both had at the time.  I was not even allowed in the garage by my wife while they put it all together knowing I would try to help and get hurt (I was in the wheelchair at the time) and take up to much room.

I think now is the time I can finally get it done but with much advise.

Thank you everyone since all of you have good advise.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-18-2020, 12:38 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: Arlin,

I have the 0771Z hybrid. I notice I could not get 90 using my wixey. After I made the adjustments with the cover off it was spot on. Once I put the cover on I could not get 90 again. 

I called Grizzly and they gave me a few suggestions that did not work. Once I knew the motor was hitting the top of the cover when in the highest blade height I gently tapped the vent to clear the motor. It worked fine. A few days later Grizzly said the height of the blade was too high and that was the problem. Adjusting those nuts would have been a pain. Since I achieved what I wanted by reforming the side cover slightly I was good to go. Take a look. 

Mike

I said WHATTTTTT.

You are talking over my head and do not know what the areas are you are describing.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(04-19-2020, 12:51 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I said WHATTTTTT.

You are talking over my head and do not know what the areas are you are describing.

Arlin,

Looking at your saw open the door to the motor on the left side. Try and adjust the tilt to 90. If that works then the motor may be hitting the door when closed. That is what happened to me. I hope this make more sense.

Mike
(04-19-2020, 02:55 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: Arlin,

Looking at your saw open the door to the motor on the left side. Try and adjust the tilt to 90. If that works then the motor may be hitting the door when closed. That is what happened to me. I hope this make more sense.

Mike

Ahhh OK.

The cover on mine has a 5" clearance between motor and side cover..  I have opened it up many times to clean it out and the tracks at least every few months.  I do not like dust build up in or on any of my tools. 
Crazy