how to protect area around door knob from wear and tear?
Sad 
My bathroom  door was painted with latex  paint which takes a beating from normal traffic, especially around the door knob area.
I am looking for ideas for low cost protection for that immediate area.
PS - in the future I will never paint any door with latex paint.Alkyd paint is tough and flows out like a spray paint job!
Thanks for any and all ideas, Pete Leyden
Brass plate? ......
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Enamel ....................
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Fit some scrap plexiglass around the knob.
Holesaw for the center cut, bandsaw for the outer cut.
A couple of plated, well places \/ head screws to hold it on.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-10-2020, 02:20 PM)p_leyden Wrote: My bathroom  door was painted with latex  paint which takes a beating from normal traffic, especially around the door knob area.
I am looking for ideas for low cost protection for that immediate area.
PS - in the future I will never paint any door with latex paint.Alkyd paint is tough and flows out like a spray paint job!
Thanks for any and all ideas, Pete Leyden

Train the occupants to use the handle.  Drives me nuts why people put their hands on the woodwork.  My parents beat that into our heads when I was young.  Too bad my wife's parents didn't feel the need.  

John
(04-12-2020, 08:49 AM)Gary G™ Wrote: Brass plate? ......

Funny thing those brass plates, at pretty much any Naval training command they will be quite shiny due the frequency with which they are cleaned, and there will almost always be paint worn off elsewhere on doors due to the majority of trainees avoiding touching the 
‘bright work’
Wink 
(04-12-2020, 05:50 PM)JDuke Wrote: Funny thing those brass plates, at pretty much any Naval training command they will be quite shiny due the frequency with which they are cleaned, and there will almost always be paint worn off elsewhere on doors due to the majority of trainees avoiding touching the 
‘bright work’

Irony of the day[Image: wink.png]
(04-12-2020, 12:11 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Train the occupants to use the handle.  Drives me nuts why people put their hands on the woodwork.  My parents beat that into our heads when I was young.  Too bad my wife's parents didn't feel the need.  

John

that might work at home.  I avoid bathroom door handles out in public.  I've seen too many men not wash their hands.  IMO, every  door in public needs one of those hooks that you can put your forearm into to open the door.  I try to avoid bathrooms that don't have a paper towel dispenser, because if the door has to be pulled to open (most do) I have to touch the handle.