What is the best bit(?) to drill thru particle-board?
Update: Going to try "Daredevil High Carbon Steel Standard Spade Bit @ 1-1/4". Stay tuned!
For an 1 1/4" diameter hole, going through that much material, a spade bit should be fine. If not, a self feed bit similar to this, https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW1632-4-I...ols&sr=1-3
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(04-12-2020, 07:37 AM)CCinPA Wrote: Yep.. The partial-board(strand-board) is a 1" underlayment.  Then, 2" pine stud.

This is what you need, I suspect. I bought a set at Lowe's several years to run electrical wiring in a sizable addition/remodel job we did to our house. They worked great.

Doug
Holesaw or forstner bit.

Biggest thing with a holesaw go about half way thru and then go the other side and finish the cut and same with the forstner bit except you will have to go almost all the way thru until you see the point sticking out.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-11-2020, 01:50 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Holesaw. Nice and sharp. Stop before it goes through, then drill on the other side.

Has anyone mentioned Holesaw Yet????? Drill both sides???
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

*LiKe BuTTeR *  

I read-up on how to use the Daredevil High Carbon Steel Standard Spade Bit.  You-all may already know this... First to understand how the "threaded-tip" pulls into the wood; Then let the bit do the work.  Although I was drilling upward, the tip did pull so that I had to use minimal pressure. 

Thanks for all your help!
(04-13-2020, 06:18 PM)CCinPA Wrote: *LiKe BuTTeR *  

I read-up on how to use the Daredevil High Carbon Steel Standard Spade Bit.  You-all may already know this... First to understand how the "threaded-tip" pulls into the wood; Then let the bit do the work.  Although I was drilling upward, the tip did pull so that I had to use minimal pressure. 

Thanks for all your help!

Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020