Bosch 1617 EVS not starting
I went to hit the switch on my Bosch router this weekend and it would not work.  Have I read where the switch might fail on these or was that another brand?

I'd like to hope I can take the top cover off and blow it out with some air  and maybe that fix it?
If it's electronic speed control, very likely the switch.  Been there several times with differing brands.  Some i replaced the switch and others weren't worth it so they went into the trash.  
if it's a single speed unit or non electronic, try jumpering around the switch and see if it starts.
(04-13-2020, 01:35 PM)Rich_Dixon Wrote: I went to hit the switch on my Bosch router this weekend and it would not work.  Have I read where the switch might fail on these or was that another brand?

I'd like to hope I can take the top cover off and blow it out with some air  and maybe that fix it?

Blow it out first. Mine clogs up in the router table when left in the on position for weeks/months of use, controlled by a separate switch.  It's amazing how much sawdust gets into it and then it won't work for handheld use.  Anyway, compressed air has cleaned mine out 2 or 3 times and then it's fine again.  

John
(04-13-2020, 08:06 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Blow it out first. Mine clogs up in the router table when left in the on position for weeks/months of use, controlled by a separate switch.  It's amazing how much sawdust gets into it and then it won't work for handheld use.  Anyway, compressed air has cleaned mine out 2 or 3 times and then it's fine again.  

John

Second the idea of blowing out the switch. Router table use is a weakspot for this router. Clogs with dust. Consider it necessary PM every couple months and router will be a happy camper.
Ok thanks. I will try to get it done today and hopefully that's it. I can't say that if I had to either buy a part or have it repaired that I'd be mad. This router has been great.
My understanding was that Bosch often will send a replacement switch at no charge with a phone call to them. But...i've also seen postings from folks who said they didn't. Not sure of which is the reality--or if it's just "hit or miss". I've got a couple of 1617's, and i'd agree with you that if i had to buy a switch, the router has served me well enough to merit the investment.
earl
Thanks Earl. First I want to take the upper cover off and blow it out with some air. Maybe I get to it this weekend. Right now, I'm trying to wrap a project up that I should have been done with in January. I have some mistakes to fix and you know it just compounds the frustration of being behind.

I also have a Craftsman plunge router that I've never used. I bought it at a Sears that we used to live near that closed back in 2010 or so - I got it on clearance for about $50. I think it is a Bosch plunge router with the Craftsman badge on it.