Columbia Vise
I’m hoping to sell this vise. Before I do, would it be better to clean it up and oil it, or would a buyer want it as is for a project. —Peter

Attached Files Image(s)

Clean & oil, making sure the dog slides up and the vise goes in and out. For what its worth, I bought one like that, in better condition, for $40.00, at (IIRC) the Brown Town Sale, in Harrisburg, PA.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(04-13-2020, 04:40 PM)petertay15 Wrote: I’m hoping to sell this vise. Before I do, would it be better to clean it up and oil it, or would a buyer want it as is for a project. —Peter
Wire wheel coat of paint and a bit of lubrication and it would go for $100 on a good day.  Old US Iron sells well
As for what they can be found for the last one I had came on a bench someone was giving away on CL
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(04-13-2020, 04:40 PM)petertay15 Wrote: I’m hoping to sell this vise. Before I do, would it be better to clean it up and oil it, or would a buyer want it as is for a project. —Peter

Would think anyone wanting it for a project would also be looking for a bargain.  In my experience cleaning will always improve selling price but got to weigh what your time is worth.  Would guess cleaning on that piece could net and extra $30+ depending on how you sell it but would also likely take an hour or so.  I do that sort of thing as a hobby so I'd clean it if it were mine.

Good luck with it whatever you choose,
Andrew

p.s. if you do clean it up, take some pics as you go along.