Weird plumbing problem
Just to second Snipe's recommendation, I will not even consider any other control heads other then FLECK.  They have the history, the support and they work.  I see some online retailers offering cheaper control heads but try to get parts or even try to find the manufacturer.
(04-18-2020, 03:11 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Snipe, what type filters are in your blue units? All I use are 25mu and 5mu.

Nothing anymore. They were Penteck "Iron Reduction" filters and a Hydroteck carbon filter to help reduce iron (egg) smell. I still have a 20 micron whole house filter after the well pressure tank. It's in a clear housing. I really only keep it so I can see the color of the water coming in and to stop anything that might get stuck in the venturi jet in the Manganese/ Greensand unit. That filter turns brown/red in less than a day.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(04-18-2020, 06:06 PM)aquaticjim Wrote: Just to second Snipe's recommendation, I will not even consider any other control heads other then FLECK.  They have the history, the support and they work.  I see some online retailers offering cheaper control heads but try to get parts or even try to find the manufacturer.

I like their stacked valve system much better than other multi valve/cam systems. If something goes wrong, just pull it out and all the valves come with it. Very easy to change. Most of the problems I've had with these is because I don't change out the valves every three years as recommended. The iron is so bad here that I'm doing it every 2 years now.

I'm also a huge fan of Ohio Pure Water. I've purchased 2 systems for my own homes and one for a friend through them. I just do the water sample and flow rate test as described on their website and let them recommend the right system. I don't even question them now. They've also walked me through trouble shooting over the phone. They could have sold me parts but they told me how to repair the failed part. Very Helpful. IMHO, no system is trouble free so might as well buy it from someone I trust. Their pricing is also very good. About half of what local suppliers wanted for the same unit.

One of these days, I'll re-plumb the system and take out the filters and shark bites. I was in a rush when I installed it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(04-18-2020, 06:17 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I like their stacked valve system much better than other multi valve/cam systems. If something goes wrong, just pull it out and all the valves come with it. Very easy to change. Most of the problems I've had with these is because I don't change out the valves every three years as recommended. The iron is so bad here that I'm doing it every 2 years now.

I'm also a huge fan of Ohio Pure Water. I've purchased 2 systems for my own homes and one for a friend through them. I just do the water sample and flow rate test as described on their website and let them recommend the right system. I don't even question them now. They've also walked me through trouble shooting over the phone. They could have sold me parts but they told me how to repair the failed part. Very Helpful. IMHO, no system is trouble free so might as well buy it from someone I trust. Their pricing is also very good. About half of what local suppliers wanted for the same unit.

One of these days, I'll re-plumb the system and take out the filters and shark bites. I was in a rush when I installed it.
Again, thanks for this.  You have been very helpful.  -Howard