No. 1 Plane Re-Issue by Union !
Like the Stanley No. 80M
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Record used to make offer some of its spokeshave line in both gray iron and an "unbreakable" metal - I assume ductile or malleable iron.

One thing I learned from purchasing Lee Valley's medium shoulder plane is that ductile iron is flexible.  I thought the front part of the sole was higher than the rear when I first got it, but one of the LV staff cautioned me against over-tightening the lever cap, and the problem went away.
Is this plane being introduced as a "limited edition collector item" or is it to be used? I have several planes in my "collector" cabinet in our TV room, including a #1 and #2, both of which are too small for my tastes! Quite a few years ago, I read/heard that the smaller Stanley planes were introduced for older house carpenters, that, because of arthritis, had difficulty grasping a block plane (pretty much a carpenter's tools) and that the user could wrap their hand easier around the smaller bench style.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Can  any of you provide an update on this venture?  I noticed in searching that very little comes up other than the web page, which really doesn't provide much information.  There are some "seconds" planes for sale, but the quantity available says: "0".  Their facebook page also seems dormant.  This leaves the impression that all is not well there. We know that even the best and most established tool makers are stressed at this time from all things Covid-related.  If Union wants to be in business they might want to be better in the communication department, to begin with.

Hopefully, some one of you will have more positive news, or perhaps even a new Union plane to brag about.
All is well with a recent move to Boyertown, PA. We’ve been a bit quiet due to being extremely busy getting things put together and getting settled in the new shop. Feel free to stop by anytime you’d like. We are open to the public. We’re still a small organization and are obviously feeling the same covid related material pinch everyone else is but we are definitely making plenty of progress. New building new production machines, a bunch of new tool designs, new foundry…. The list goes on and on. It’s been tough but fun and will be rewarding coming up soon. We have one hell of a dedicated group of guys working with us and supporting us! If you ever have a question please don’t hesitate to reach out. Either call, email or stop by if you’re local. 

Robert Porter
Yes. Limited run of 100 all serialized.
Not as unique I guess but I have a LN made for a Woodcraft Anniversary.  It does what I expected from it, looks great on shelf.  I am guessing this one is designed for similar use
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(05-30-2021, 03:21 PM)Rporter@unionmfgco.com Wrote: All is well with a recent move to Boyertown, PA. We’ve been a bit quiet due to being extremely busy getting things put together and getting settled in the new shop. Feel free to stop by anytime you’d like. We are open to the public. We’re still a small organization and are obviously feeling the same covid related material pinch everyone else is but we are definitely making plenty of progress. New building new production machines, a bunch of new tool designs, new foundry…. The list goes on and on. It’s been tough but fun and will be rewarding coming up soon. We have one hell of a dedicated group of guys working with us and supporting us! If you ever have a question please don’t hesitate to reach out. Either call, email or stop by if you’re local. 

Robert Porter

Thanks to Mr. Porter for the update.  I did discover your Facebook page, which has information and videos.  It is really interesting to learn about the progress and pitfalls of being a tool manufacturer.