Won't do this again..
We are finding that shipping availability is spotty now.  The grocery stores are using up a lot of the shipping capacity out there.  Rush shipments have been pretty much impossible. 

It would not surprise me that a mix up or two would occur, especially on small shipments.  Full truck loads (44,000 lbs.) go direct.  Smaller loads go to depots where they are off-loaded and then loaded on other trucks. 

Lots of chances for lost packages.

I wish you luck.  I don't know that I would blame Home Depot for this though.  It is a trucking issue.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Matters not since the missing carton is missing--but don't most Powermatic machines ship direct from Powermatic? Purchase retail from distributor, then the machines drop-ship for the most part i think...

earl
Back in the 70's and 80's, when I was a mechanic, parts stores were staffed with knowledgeable folks. That was before computers replaced the parts books. After the 90's started, I found the only way to get the right part was to take the old part in and match it with the new. I sometimes had to argue with the yoyo behind the counter about the make/model of the vehicle and even the part I needed. The NEVER WRONG computer said this part and when it did not match the part I had taken off, well, been told I was wrong.

Same thing at HD. When I was remodeling, I often took small jobs the other folks did not want. Odd material and strange(often just old) stuff. I used the nearest store(6 in Kansas City Metro) and often had to tell the contractor desk folks what I needed and sometimes where to look to get it. I learned which department folks knew their stuff and generally never bothered the other aprons. Outside of plumbing and some esoteric electrical stuff, I knew what I needed going in. Needed some specialty straps(strap a house to the foundation), so did the research online and got the manufacturer and their part numbers. Even then, The first old coot said there was no such thing. Took a young part time  female college student to find the order book, look up the part and order it. She had no idea to start, but was eager to learn. When  we got done, I hollered at the old coot and waved the order form----"See? This is them!"

Service and knowledge vary widely from store to store and even shift to shift. Problem is the casual customer has no idea who knows and who does not.
Crazy
(04-22-2020, 12:44 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: Matters not since the missing carton is missing--but don't most Powermatic machines ship direct from Powermatic?  Purchase retail from distributor, then the machines drop-ship for the most part i think...

earl

I was wondering that myself (ship from PM) and suspect that was the case here. For the record i did contact the trucking company and they instituted a "dock search", but I won't know the results of that until a little later today. With luck they may find the missing box. Barring that, What I have goes back to HD and I'll try to get a replacement of a complete machine.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Just an update if anyone cares. Yesterday I loaded the stand onto to my truck, the plan being to drive to the store and return it and order a replacement. But early this morning I tried to call them on more time. I did connect with a live person after about a 30 minute wait. She was absolutely a friendly voice and solved (I hope) my problem. She issued a credit for the earlier purchase, and a pick up order to retrieve the stand I have as well as re-order the sander for me. This time I elected to have a store pick up, that way if something's awry with the order they can straighten it out them selves. As I said, there was no doubt in my mind that HD would resolve this, and after I finally connected with someone it was quite painless.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Glad that a resolution seems near.

I hope you enjoy the new sander!  I had no idea that HD was selling Powermatic equipment.
Only on line as far as I know. If you have a Menards nearby you might want to know they can order Rikon stuff on line.
(04-24-2020, 06:02 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Just an update if anyone cares. Yesterday I loaded the stand onto to my truck, the plan being to drive to the store and return it and order a replacement. But early this morning I tried to call them on more time. I did connect with a live person after about a 30 minute wait. She was absolutely a friendly voice and solved (I hope) my problem. She issued a credit for the earlier purchase, and a pick up order to retrieve the stand I have as well as re-order the sander for me. This time I elected to have a store pick up, that way if something's awry with the order they can straighten it out them selves. As I said, there was no doubt in my mind that HD would resolve this, and after I finally connected with someone it was quite painless.

glad it worked out for you Fred.
(04-21-2020, 11:27 AM)fredhargis Wrote: 2 weeks ago I order a combo sander, a PM 31A. With the 15% off sale going on and free shipping, I figured it was as good as I'd ever do. Most places had free shipping on it, and a few didn't even charge sales tax. I passed on those, there were none I had dealt with previously so I tried Home Depot. Yep, they had at the same price as anyone, and with free shipping. There isn't an HD store terribly close (35 miles or so) but I figured if I had a problem I'd just take it back. It arrived today, B/L said 1 pallet of machine parts. No damage to the (1) box, so I got it in the shop and started looking things over. The box only had the stand and motor, then I looked at the B/ supposed to be 2 cartons. DOH! So now I'm trying to find the other 1/2 of my sander. Called the trucking company, they've instituted a "dock search". Tried to call HD, waited on hold 1 hour and gave up. Tried to text, got a reply that call volume was high and the reply may be delayed. Crap! Next time I'm sticking with companies I know.

Used my belt disc sander today. I love mine, the are awesome. Mine is an evil Delta. I am not giving it up. Can't wait for you to get yours. Enjoy it!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.