If it's not one thing, it's the dish washer
I fixed my fridge's clicking.
And two days later, my dishwasher started making terrible grinding noises.  It's a GE Monogram.  (Get a Bosch.)
It happens periodically throughout the cycle -- although I'm still getting water and it's still draining.  I took off the bottom sprayer and nut and cleaned out some junk, but not much.

I did recently level the dishwasher, as the racks were sliding forward when the door was opened.  But I didn't move it very much.

Here's a little clip of what it sounds like:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfjtF7q7yCs

I'd think it was one of the pumps, but as I said, water is still coming in and out.

Any thoughts on how to pinpoint the issue?  I'm not sure I'll be able to get a repairman out at the moment.

I think one of your kids is in it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I thought he'd be able to tell me where the sound was coming from.  But the soap got in his eyes.

Have you cleaned out the screen? Could be a pump falling apart though
Well my generator won't start and this morning my girls inform me that their tub spout is dripping. I rarely go into that bathroom. I asked when it started. "I don't know, its been doing it for a while".

Get one of these:

https://tinyurl.com/ycuzlbqa

Has saved me lots of time trying to track down where noises are coming from. Once you find out where the noise is actually coming from it will be easier to figure out if it's a fix or toss.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
So -- it ended up that the upper spray arm was loose and vibrated when it spun.  It fell off, I screwed it back on, and that solved the problem.

(04-21-2020, 05:27 PM)David Stone Wrote: And two days later, my dishwasher started making terrible grinding noises.  It's a GE Monogram.  (Get a Bosch.)

Ordered a Bosch a month ago.  Not in yet.  The LG we have is crappy, and there's a diverter valve that's malfunctioning and throwing a code.  Any excuse to get rid of it.  

Now if that Bosch would ever get here, DW can start complaining about it instead.  
Laugh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
We have had a cascade of failures here recently as well (built the house in '05). First the Bosch dishwasher died replaced with another Bosch, then the Maytag Frontload dryer died - I had replaced 1/2 the parts in it over 15yrs but this time it was the control board so new LG dryer to match the LG washer we replaced the Maytag washer with 8yrs ago. Now the spark modules on our Thermador cooktop (grill and griddle) have quit. The modules are $250@ and the control valve/thermo for the griddle is $190...and not made anymore. Trying to diagnose what is actually wrong before I throw parts at it - I did replace the spark heads to no avail. New unit is north of $2500....soooooo crap
It could be the pump wearing out.

Funny our $220 frigidare that I bought when we bought the house is still working fine. Just a $35 pump and I upgraded the pump relay on the circuit board. A little loud but it keeps chugging along. I put a Samsung in mother in laws condo a few years ago. Very well made and no issues other than she has issues with the touch buttons on it. She keeps hitting the lock and complains it doesn't work...