Pressure washer issue
So my son calls me tells me our pressure washer isn’t working.  Yesterday he did two sections of our drive way. It sputtered and shut off   Tried to restart it but the pull cord wouldn’t budge.

I got home and the pull worked but it wouldn’t start so today he was going make sure care was clean

But when he tried it started and ran so he hooked the hose up and turned on the water and it shut off and the pull is no longer working

Any guesses besides buy a new one?

Thanks

Robert
Engine locked as to why the pull cord won't work?

Maybe it gets hot due to lack of engine oil and locks. Cools off then it will start. Have you checked the oil?

Need more info....
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-21-2020, 08:46 PM)Wipedout Wrote: Any guesses besides buy a new one?

its a problem that is contained to the PW
Smile
the engine and the pump should both have oil. check em both.
Maybe the pump is shot from starting with water shut off.
Never try to start without water running.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(04-21-2020, 08:46 PM)Wipedout Wrote: So my son calls me tells me our pressure washer isn’t working.  Yesterday he did two sections of our drive way. It sputtered and shut off   Tried to restart it but the pull cord wouldn’t budge.

I got home and the pull worked but it wouldn’t start so today he was going make sure care was clean

But when he tried it started and ran so he hooked the hose up and turned on the water and it shut off and the pull is no longer working

Any guesses besides buy a new one?

Thanks

Robert

Try squeezing the trigger to relieve any pressure while you pull the rope.   Sounds like a pressure relief valve sticking.  if it is running and you let off the trigger will it keep running or die ?   If it dies in a short time it is the relief valve.   Roly
OP has abandoned post.
Raised  
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

If the OP is still around ...

We had an issue with our Generac pressure washer that did the same thing.  We ended up having to replace the carburetor and gaskets on each side.  The regular gas, even with treatment ate the seals and turned them to goo.  I think the parts cost about $40.

Since we changed to ethanol free gas for all our small engine lawn equipment, no problems, even when storing them between seasons.  The only gas station that sells it in my area is a Gulf.  It's 92 octane and is about $1/gallon more expensive, but it's cheaper in the long run.  Everything starts in the spring with 1 pull.
Cheaper than True Fuel from the borg. $20 per gallon.
(05-22-2020, 04:08 PM)cams2705 Wrote: If the OP is still around ...

We had an issue with our Generac pressure washer that did the same thing.  We ended up having to replace the carburetor and gaskets on each side.  The regular gas, even with treatment ate the seals and turned them to goo.  I think the parts cost about $40.

Since we changed to ethanol free gas for all our small engine lawn equipment, no problems, even when storing them between seasons.  The only gas station that sells it in my area is a Gulf.  It's 92 octane and is about $1/gallon more expensive, but it's cheaper in the long run.  Everything starts in the spring with 1 pull.

Make sure it says ethanol free. All octane levels have ethanol unless otherwise stated. The best resource for finding ethanol free gas is pure-gas. Unfortunately here in Texas they are few and far between.
(03-18-2021, 07:25 AM)Lilith Wrote: My husband almost crashed ours when he was washing the front pavement in front of our house for three hours.

I've been seeing a lot of these weird posts in old threads that don't make much sense lately, from posters with just one or two posts to their name.  I wonder what's up with that?  Computer generated?  And if so, why?  
Confused
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"