Bench Build-Part 5B Stretchers
Maybe add a shelf on the stretchers....
Confused
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Bandit, yes that's on my mind. Just trying to finish the tough parts first before I tackle the easier stuff. I was even thinking of maybe putting in a second shelf, for small, flat things. We'll see. My next task it to attach the vise, then try to make something!
Well done on the the flip!!

As for those gaps, splinters, sawdust a little glue..... gone.

Big Grin
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Very creative on the flip! Now that it is right-side up, it looks even better. When you mentioned removing the legs from the top, I thought that could be asking for trouble. I am glad you found a work-around.

I like the idea of filling those gaps with sawdust and glue. I have done that before in a pinch. Small gaps like that just disappear. I used hide glue for that, but I am not sure it matters.

I have thought about shelf spacing under my yet-to-be-built bench. If you put them too high, it could interfere with clamping or hold-fasts. Of course, there is always the issue of chips falling through the top onto the shelf. I thought about putting a light shelf under the top to deflect those droppings.
Steve
I have 2 cedar 1X6 boards across my bench’s end stretchers that I use as a shelf for bench planes, clamps, my bench hook etc. When I need a fence for moldings etc, these are the boards I use.