GFCI Breaker
(04-24-2020, 07:03 AM)CEPenworks Wrote: The circuit I want to change includes the one section of kitchen counter and the dining room outlets. The dining room outlet currently are not protected by the GFCI outlet. From that list it looks like I should get an AFCI/GFCI breaker instead of just a GFCI breaker. The orange box has a $10 difference between the two but that is only from $40 to $50.

That newer NEC guidance sounds like they want everything to be AFCI protected. That is changing from $5 to $50 breakers. I can't imagine how much my 200amp box that is maxed out with regular and tandem breakers would be worth if it had all AFCI breakers.

I don't know about current code I can only tell you about my experience with them.  The breakers were $40+ each I plugged in a skilsaw as we were doing the remodel hit the switch and the breaker cooked itself.  I convinced them to replace it as defective and was doing something when someone plugged in a shop vac same smoke.  They may have better tech now but to be honest I would avoid it unless you have a toddler in the house that has access to outlets
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Easier solution is a power strip or a multi-outlet power port.

(04-24-2020, 10:50 AM)Bob10 Wrote: I don't know about current code I can only tell you about my experience with them.  The breakers were $40+ each I plugged in a skilsaw as we were doing the remodel hit the switch and the breaker cooked itself.  I convinced them to replace it as defective and was doing something when someone plugged in a shop vac same smoke.  They may have better tech now but to be honest I would avoid it unless you have a toddler in the house that has access to outlets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z5-U-A4frU

I hate the cost but AFCI seems more useful then GFCI protection.  Fires have to be more common then electrocution in the home.
WoodNET... the new safespace