Laguna ResawKing 1/2" vs. 3/4"?
(04-26-2020, 07:22 PM)Pirate Wrote: "A narrower blade has lower beam strength so the maximum rate of cut is lower even for blades with the same tooth count."

I would think a thinner blade regardless of width, would cut faster than a thicker one.

Beam strength is directly proportional to blade thickness but the square of the width.   The maximum difference in blade thickness is about 0.035 to 0.022" for hobbiest saws, call it 50%.  But going from a 1/4" to a 1/2" blade is a change of 0.0625 to 0.25 = 300%.   

John
(04-26-2020, 07:22 PM)Pirate Wrote: "A narrower blade has lower beam strength so the maximum rate of cut is lower even for blades with the same tooth count."

I would think a thinner blade regardless of width, would cut faster than a thicker one.

That depends on the limiting factors involved.  if it is saw horsepower, yes - thinner will cut faster.  If it is blade strength, then thicker will outperform.

In a hobby shop, I find it more likely to be saw limited than blade limited.
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13