Clamp Rack Retainer
I store my parallel clamps on these metal clamp racks.  They are up higher and I have kids, so I wanted a way to keep them retained in the rack when not in use.  I used a ratchet-strap originally, but it got kind of annoying to use.  So I came up with something better.

Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Nice,

I've always found it simpler and safer to store them head down. It's easy to carry them around by their tail with the head down also. But, your safety feature is nice for the heads up crowd.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Excellent idea, I will probably steal it.  You should submit it to one of the Magazines. Thanks, Dan
Excellent idea, I will probably steal it.  You should submit it to one of the Magazines. Thanks, Dan
(04-26-2020, 04:01 PM)rudedan60 Wrote: Excellent idea, I will probably steal it.  You should submit it to one of the Magazines. Thanks, Dan

I need such a device as well. Not so much for any kids, but for me!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
That ought to work and kudos to you for being preventative instead of reactive. A little bit more work to get a clamp down beats a trip to the E.R. any day. I was born and raised where the earth moves when it has the notion. This means I do some extra things that others don't need to worry about. Cool solution and very workable.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

"A little bit more work to get a clamp down beats a trip to the E.R. any day."

This one is much quicker than the ratchet straps. It takes about 15 seconds to remove or replace. Just pull the pin and pull the bar out. I was going to use a piece of steel, but I had some EMT left over. It's much cheaper and drilling the hole through it for the pin is easy.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.