Shaker Sideboard: Drawer Construction
  Re: Shaker Sideboard: Drawer Construction by Philip1231 (So by next project i...)
Hmmm...so...what will the middle drawers be sliding on, once they are past the first 1" or so?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
  Re: RE: Shaker Sideboard: Joinery: Carcass Glue-up COMPLETED by bandit571 (Hmmm...so...what wil...)
(07-03-2020, 02:37 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Hmmm...so...what will the middle drawers be sliding on, once they are past the first 1" or so?

Well, er, slides of course.  It's only the carcass glue up after all . . . .
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
  Re: RE: Shaker Sideboard: Joinery: Carcass Glue-up COMPLETED by kwadams (Phil, what glue have...)
Kevin: I don't think we want to shine a light on how an engineer's mind works Smile . I've been switching it up in the glue department: Titebond III, Titebond HIde, and T-88 epoxy for a few of the joints that did not fit as nice as I would have liked. Enjoy the Holiday! Phil

(07-02-2020, 10:00 PM)kwadams Wrote: Phil, what glue have you been using, Old Brown?

Looking good for sure, very organized as usual, an engineer’s mind at work!

Have a great 4th!

Kevin
  Re: Shaker Sideboard: Drawer Construction by Philip1231 (So by next project i...)
Bandit571/Admiral:  the plans call for maple drawer runners/kickers/etc and maple drawer sides. I opted for pine drawers sides so I think I can get away with cherry for the guts of the drawer compartment.  I've been scrounging the remaining scraps of cherry:

Went to my local sawmill yesterday (Moores Sawmill in Bloomfield CT) and picked up some nice clear pine for the drawer bottoms:

As Norm would say: we're gaining on it!

Phil
Hmmmm, maybe scale something like this down to size... Confused  

Comes in handy, when a drawer is pulled out too far...

Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
On to the drawers;

Re: RE: Shaker Sideboard: Joinery: Carcass Glue-up COMPLETED by Philip1231 (On to the drawers; ...)
(07-11-2020, 01:32 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: On to the drawers;

Very nice!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
That looks familiar. I'm lovin' this! Great work, Philip!
Aram/Hank: Thanks

Hank: check your email: I sent you a message with questions on the build. Thanks Phil
Nice neat work so far, Philip. Great photos, too.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at http://www.inthewoodshop.com