Shaker Sideboard: I'm In Fine Woodworking!
Phil,

I might have missed it, but how did you handle the wood movement issue for the bottom floor of the compartment?

Is it floating? Did you glue it on only one side?
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
catching up on replies:

Aram/Derek/Hank: Thanks! With an iphone, we are all professional photographers!

Bandit: Pictures to follow (being engineered with Hank's help as we speak).

Martin: attached via spline in front, floats in grooves on sides and back. First time using splines: I'll have to keep this technique in mind for future builds.

Had to cut the lawn today so limited time in the shop.

Stay tuned for more exciting developments!!!!
Top drawer ready to be glued up:

Top drawer being fitted:

Looking good!

Thanks for posting, I am enjoying this thread.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Thumbs Up 
Good lookin' drawer, Philip. That little bead makes a huge difference, doesn't it?
Thanks guys. The bead detail: at first it overwhelmed my Shaker sensibilities. Boy the Shaking Quakers could get freaky sometimes with their embellishments
Smile
(07-20-2020, 09:11 AM)Philip1231 Wrote: Thanks guys. The bead detail: at first it overwhelmed my Shaker sensibilities.  Boy the Shaking Quakers could get freaky sometimes with their embellishments
Smile

What did you make the bead with?
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Aram: please don't tell anyone (this is the Hand Tool Forum after all) but I broke down an used a router bit. But not just any router bit, I looked high and low for a bit with these specific dimensions and found that Amana had one:

[Image: 41U0IFDUPDL._AC_.jpg]

Amana Bit on Amazon

I think it makes the perfect bead, and I will be using this again on future projects.
But if anyone asks you, tell them I used my LN 66
Smile

Phil  

(07-20-2020, 09:51 AM)Aram Wrote: What did you make the bead with?
Work on drawers 2 and 3 continues:

Good looking dovetails.

Well done.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite