Another conctere steps question
Street view shows steps I need to have replaced.  If you zoom in you can see one the upper steps is crumbling (2012 pic date?).  When we bought it in late 2018, it was worse.  Now a couple more are bad. 

I have no idea what this kind of work would cost, but I suspect wood might be a helluva lot cheaper.  Any WAGs? 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/823+3r...95.8560535
(04-29-2020, 04:55 AM)KC Wrote: Street view shows steps I need to have replaced.  If you zoom in you can see one the upper steps is crumbling (2012 pic date?).  When we bought it in late 2018, it was worse.  Now a couple more are bad. 

I have no idea what this kind of work would cost, but I suspect wood might be a helluva lot cheaper.  Any WAGs? 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/823+3r...95.8560535

I've only done two of those and I've done the labor myself.  Its sorta fun building upside down forms to support the risers.   No idea on hiring it done.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Removal cost will be about the same, maybe a little more for a wood replacement.

I lived at about the same latitude with probably similar soil composition.  You have plants on both sides so you have some moisture.  It looks like a couple of pavers show the effects of some frost heave.  The nice thing about a monolithic pour is it will all heave about the same rate. 

I was chairperson of our community’s Human Rights Commission.  One of our tasks was to inspect ADA ramps.  A common problem was ramps made of wood than landed on a sidewalk .  The sidewalk would heave differently than the ramp, breaking the angled nosing of the first tread, making an inch and a half lip to navigate.  Your treads/risers may not break, but it may result in disparate transition points causing a trip hazard.
Drive over to Lincoln (40 miles?) and find you a precast co that does steps. See if they have something to fill your needs. Most can deliver and set in place if you get the site prepped.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-29-2020, 10:45 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Drive over to Lincoln (40 miles?) and find you a precast co that does steps. See if they have something to fill your needs. Most can deliver and set in place if you get the site prepped.

My goal is to hand somebody a wad of hundred dollar bills and watch, remembering the good ol' days when I would do it myself.  I expect those precast steps would do the trick, tho.

My daughter and I raked up FORTY TWO bags of leaves from the paver sidewalks and side grass Sunday.  Didn't get done in the fall.  
No
(04-29-2020, 09:36 AM)srv52761 Wrote: Removal cost will be about the same, maybe a little more for a wood replacement.

I lived at about the same latitude with probably similar soil composition.  You have plants on both sides so you have some moisture.  It looks like a couple of pavers show the effects of some frost heave.  The nice thing about a monolithic pour is it will all heave about the same rate. 

I was chairperson of our community’s Human Rights Commission.  One of our tasks was to inspect ADA ramps.  A common problem was ramps made of wood than landed on a sidewalk .  The sidewalk would heave differently than the ramp, breaking the angled nosing of the first tread, making an inch and a half lip to navigate.  Your treads/risers may not break, but it may result in disparate transition points causing a trip hazard.

Are you talking about the sidewalk to the door?  I think that's been redone since.  I noticed it when we were looking at the house.  

If you're talking about the red pavers, that sidewalk looks kinda cool I guess, as does the street... but 'some' frost heave is an understatement.  
Laugh  And it's not necessarily pleasant to shovel.
(04-29-2020, 05:27 PM)KC Wrote: My goal is to hand somebody a wad of hundred dollar bills and watch, remembering the good ol' days when I would do it myself.  I expect those precast steps would do the trick, tho.

My daughter and I raked up FORTY TWO bags of leaves from the paver sidewalks and side grass Sunday.  Didn't get done in the fall.  
No

1 match would take care of that, then a shower for the smoke smell.
Laugh

They could probably give you a contractor reference.
There was a concrete place on the north side of town, don't remember the name. I delivered bagged products there one time.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020