Toe Kick on Out feed table?
I am just starting to build a out feed / assembly table for the tablesaw. I will have a 3" over hang on 3 sides and 8" overhang butted up to the table saw. There will be drawers and shelves under the top.
My question is do I still need to put a toe kick under the cabinets?
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(05-04-2020, 11:55 AM)lift mechanic Wrote: I am just starting to build a out feed / assembly table for the tablesaw. I will have a 3" over hang on 3 sides and 8" overhang butted up to the table saw. There will be drawers and shelves under the top.
My question is do I still need to put a toe kick under the cabinets?

You don't need one, but if you're also using it for an assembly table, I'd consider one.
Dumber than I appear
(05-04-2020, 12:10 PM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: You don't need one, but if you're also using it for an assembly table, I'd consider one.

With 3" you may be OK, but it wouldn't hurt.  My out feed has 2" overhang, but I still built in a toe kick.

"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
I would. Build it separate from the cabinet. If you need to change/rearrange later, just unscrew it.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Mine is on wheels so I have a toe kick function but, not really a oe kick.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

I built my outfeed table with a home made Festool MFT top and 2" x 4" lumber for the structure. 

I fitted heavy duty adjustable feet to the bottom.  It allowed me to adjust the height after construction for the best out feed.  It also provides a "toe kick".   area.  Less than $20.00 for a set of four from Amazon.com 
https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Levele...B0037MK8XC

[Image: 81UJEonML8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Mine has no overhang and no toe kick.  Never been an issue for me.
(05-05-2020, 07:36 AM)Cooler Wrote: I built my outfeed table with a home made Festool MFT top and 2" x 4" lumber for the structure. 

I fitted heavy duty adjustable feet to the bottom.  It allowed me to adjust the height after construction for the best out feed.  It also provides a "toe kick".   area.  Less than $20.00 for a set of four from Amazon.com 
https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Levele...B0037MK8XC

[Image: 81UJEonML8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg]

+1 for me on the these levelers.  My out feed pictured above sits on these same levelers.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
(05-05-2020, 02:54 PM)KLaz Wrote: +1 for me on the these levelers.  My out feed pictured above sits on these same levelers.

But get a hex socket for your ratchet wrench or you will curse the entire time you are adjusting the feet.  With an allen wrench you will suffer frustration.  I gave up and went to Harbor Freight and popped for the $7.00 for the set.  (I see it is now $8.00)
[Image: image_25023.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(05-05-2020, 03:28 PM)Cooler Wrote: But get a hex socket for your ratchet wrench or you will curse the entire time you are adjusting the feet.  With an allen wrench you will suffer frustration.  I gave up and went to Harbor Freight and popped for the $7.00 for the set.  (I see it is now $8.00)
[Image: image_25023.jpg]

Agree!  

I drilled holes in the bottom panel directly above the leveler bolts so I can stick a hex key right into the bolt to level it out.

Attached Files Image(s)